This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#41
therickmu25 posted...
The thing about monitors is 'you don't know what you don't know'. If you've only ever game on 1080p 60hz, then that probably looks great to you.

But, once you go to 1440p or 4k 144hz, you can't go back

I agree, especially nowadays folks have moved onto online shopping so they can't experience it themselves and only read how the others describe it in words. The impact is minimal.

Spend maybe half an hour in a good old fashioned hardware store and take a good look at those demo models, you're gonna be persuaded way more easily.

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
1 month ago#42
CursedPanther posted...
therickmu25 posted...
The thing about monitors is 'you don't know what you don't know'. If you've only ever game on 1080p 60hz, then that probably looks great to you.

I agree, especially nowadays folks have moved onto online shopping so they can't experience it themselves and only read how the others describe it in words. The impact is minimal.

Spend maybe half an hour in a good old fashioned hardware store and take a good look at those demo models, you're gonna be persuaded way more easily.

...you mean the demo models that are way too bright/saturated/completely uncalibrated? Yeah, sure...

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#43
jedinat posted...
CursedPanther posted...
therickmu25 posted...

...you mean the demo models that are way too bright/saturated/completely uncalibrated? Yeah, sure...

If those are the technicalities you immediately come to, yeah sure....

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#44
CursedPanther posted...

This isn't a thing anymore.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
1 month ago#45
I'm one of those weirdos with a 5K monitor already.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#46

walk into best buy they got a line of s*** ass monitors attached to prebuilts or a wall of s*** ass monitors in the back corner next to the bathroom.

or office max/depo? with their line of s*** ass monitors...

walmart? target?

no hardware stores here lol.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: gideond

gideond
1 month ago#47
Killah Priest posted...

walk into best buy they got a line of s*** ass monitors attached to prebuilts or a wall of s*** ass monitors in the back corner next to the bathroom.

or office max/depo? with their line of s*** ass monitors...

walmart? target?

no hardware stores here lol.

Sadly there are very few true tech stores now that aren't mostly online. If you have a Frys, B&H, or Microcenter near you maybe you'll have better luck. In my town I have Staples and Walmart, two stores I avoid setting foot in as much as possible.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
1 month ago#48
maybecalls posted...
I'm not 'dead broke', but I will keep using this 1080p 60Hz monitor until it conks out. I'm still in awe of it's picture quality tbh! My previous monitor was a 1280 x 1024 5:4 screen, and I only replaced that in 2013 because it conked out.

This.

If I'm upgrading I'm upgrading to a larger resolution display. If I'm doing that, I'm going to have to upgrade from my 970. With a combined cost there of at least a few hundred dollars I don't see the need to replace either piece there when both work fine.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
1 month ago#49
CursedPanther posted...
what is your planned upgrade path in the near future for your display?

Plan on upgrading my Vive headset when a better option comes along. 1080p/60Hz is fine for my desktop monitors. Never felt like I needed more but I also don't play a lot of AAA games so it's win-win.
The SilentCaay Channel - Shadowverse and other video game vids.
H3VR [VIVE] - Take & Hold Part 1: Skate Shooting - https://youtu.be/te-oXP638aw

User Info: ShadosAtPhoenix

ShadosAtPhoenix
1 month ago#50
Refresh rate isn't just for "competitive FPS". Some of the games it makes the biggest difference in are indie side-scrollers :) Anything where the entire screen moves a lot benefits tremendously from it.

I have a 100hz monitor, my significant other has a 165hz one. At some point we were both playing Diablo III (our desks are almost next to each other), I looked over to their screen. I almost went online to buy a monitor with a higher refresh rate right there and then. The difference was massive.

That's Diablo, not an FPS!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived