This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 months ago#31
Judgmenl posted...
Not everyone on PCH is a gamer btw.

This is a gaming website.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 months ago#32
I could get a larger monitor, but the question of "why" remains.

I see no benefit in running 4k over 1080p at this time, especially when half the games out there don't even goddamn work at 4k.

might, however, go for one with a better refresh rate or gsync or something.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: Incendia_Intus

Incendia_Intus
4 months ago#33
Probably 2160/120

I game at 120Hz, so I know I don't really fit the topic criteria, but I'm bored.

After having a 1080 monitor at 120Hz, I think I would find it hard to go lower. I adjust most of my games to take advantage of the 120fps, because I really like the smoothness of it.
All childish acts of aggression, shall be handled with laughter.

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
4 months ago#34
Jason_Hudson posted...
Judgmenl posted...
Not everyone on PCH is a gamer btw.

This is a gaming website.

I've been posting on GameFAQs for over 10 years, and PCH for 10 years. One can't assume that once a gamer, always a gamer. I play 2 games right now (and not even that much tbh), and haven't bought a game in the better part of a year.

A 120/144Hz Monitor for example does nothing different for me, as someone who mainly posts on forums and watches Youtube/Twitch videos.

Then again you should understand that.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#35
Depending on the game, about 1440p 100fps ultra settings. Some are unoptimized so it dips below 60fps. But the optimized ones ya thats what I run.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Alesandros

Alesandros
4 months ago#36
Staying at 1080p / 60fps for now.

But I do like extra AA / graphical enhancements... and I'm known to do DSR at 1440p.
Classically liberal, independent moderate. US Marine and Pianist.
[Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlesandrosX?feature=mhee]

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 months ago#37
I'm not broke but I don't feel like throwing my money away on a pointless upgrade right now. I'm fine with 1080p/60fps. In a few years I'll upgrade.

User Info: Bringit

Bringit
4 months ago#38
1080p is basically industry standard right now. Even the crappiest PC ports will generally support that resolution out of the box. Anything more or less and all bets are off so it's just the path of least resistance to stay the course for now.

I'd definitely like an upgrade but compatibility is king.
"All will be well."

User Info: MasterPoker

MasterPoker
4 months ago#39
My case isn't an option. My main monitor is indeed a 1080p/60, but I also have a 900p/60 and 4k/60 (TV behind my desk) as part of my setup. So other than swapping the 900p out for a cheap 1080p (so I stop getting harassed by video DRM for using a non-HDMI monitor), I don't have a pressing need for a monitor upgrade.

I'd like a higher spec main monitor in the future, but right now that's too taxing when you're running a three-monitor setup. When I can run something semi-demanding at 4k/60 or better while mirroring it to the TV and having a stream running on the side without stutter...that's when I'll care, but that's still a long ways off.
Xuande
F/GO, Dec/18/17: http://i.imgur.com/QKTR0wR.jpg (364,837,417)

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
4 months ago#40
I just upgraded TO 1080p, not upgrading any time soon. I don't want any more. I like a reasonable target so I can run games at 60 fps for years to come.
i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | 16GB EVGA DDR4 | GTX 1060 SC 6 GB | 1 TB HDD | W10 x64 | 750W Thermaltake Toughpower | 1920x1080/1600x900
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived