This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

User Info: fatboy44

fatboy44
7 months ago#21
I was debating on whether to go 4K/60hz or 1440p/144hz when I was upgrading last year, and I'm so glad I went with frame rate over resolution. 1440p is still a great resolution, and my GTX 1080 does well with pretty much everything I throw at it. Buttery smooth.
Check out my music:
https://aevio.bandcamp.com/

User Info: Tekutso

Tekutso
7 months ago#22
1080p 144hz is really nice. 1440p 144hz is nice too, but a lot of games can't push 144 fps ultra frames even with a 1080 ti at 1440p. I have both though.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
7 months ago#23
I have no plans to change anything. What benefit does higher resolution even have? All I see is needing a $700 video card to play the same games I'm already playing. No thanks.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
7 months ago#24
I've been dwelling on this for quite a while now honestly.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
7 months ago#25
I'm at 1080p 75 hz, probably gonna wait til 4k 120hz or 144hz becomes cheaper. Of course that also means getting a rig capable of handling that, so...
tide pods

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
7 months ago#26
Dead broke but might go for 1440/144. My current moniter is from 2012. 1080p 60

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
7 months ago#27
I recently went from 1080p 60hz to 1440p 144hz. The difference is night and day. It was the best visual upgrade I've done in a while. I didn't really think the slight upgrade to resolution would make as much of a difference as it does.

Tekutso posted...
1080p 144hz is really nice. 1440p 144hz is nice too, but a lot of games can't push 144 fps ultra frames even with a 1080 ti at 1440p. I have both though.

I'm still running a 980ti, and while it doesn't push 144hz in most games, anytime the fps is over 60 it's smooth. Just having the extra frames is awesome. G-sync really does make a huge difference in that area. I notice that even when I dip under 60 fps, it's not nearly as bad as it was before.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: ecureuil

ecureuil
7 months ago#28
Anything less than 8K is peasantry and you might as well play on PS4.

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
7 months ago#29
nominturddaddy posted...
triple s posted...
I've had like 6 monitors since 2011

I don't understand how people can keep the same monitor for 5 years like one user in here mentioned. I replace every 1 - 1.5 year(s). Going beyond that is like not changing a bulb that's starting to dim. Not healthy at all.

You're ridiculous.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
7 months ago#30
wtf cheap ass s***s are you guys rocking I got an old 5:4 sony I copped like 10 years ago and the dimming is so insignificant you'd need to pull out tools to notice.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those who are still gaming at 1080p 60Hz

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived