This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my msi gtx gaming fan isn't running when I watch movies or surfing web

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. my msi gtx gaming fan isn't running when I watch movies or surfing web

User Info: MaryJHappy

MaryJHappy
3 months ago#1
and it's temperature is 40-45c. it must be broken. as a hardcore pc gamer, i am deeply saddened by how they make pc parts these days without thinking about efficiency and cooling. it is indeed a sad day for us pc gamers.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 months ago#2
Just get into cryptocurency...soon you will be sailing into the sunset.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 months ago#3
Custom fan curves exist.....
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
3 months ago#4
MaryJHappy posted...
and it's temperature is 40-45c. it must be broken. as a hardcore pc gamer, i am deeply saddened by how they make pc parts these days without thinking about efficiency and cooling. it is indeed a sad day for us pc gamers.

What do you have your fan curve set to? Or did you leave it at default?
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|2xSLI GTX 980ti Lightning LE|HAF 932|Sony 55inch 4K HDR|HTC Vive

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
3 months ago#5
Many aftermarket GPU no longer have constantly running fans during near idle state in order to save power and avoid noise generation and the temperature you've quoted states exactly that.

Like the other's have said, if this unnecessarily disturbs you in some way, use MSI Afterburner to set your own fan curve.

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
3 months ago#6
But is it running when you actually use it for games or something that would put it under load?

As the others said, a good deal of fans just go idle under no load, and under 40 is not going to do anything to the card, that's room temperature.

It's a sad day when a hardcore gamer blames parts for saving you money and I am deeply saddened how people don't research before assigning blame.

Come back when the fan is not working and it is running 80+, then you have a problem somewhere.
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
3 months ago#7
You must have a peasant power supply if fans not turning on freaked you out.
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
3 months ago#8
does it have one of those 0db fan modes if you stay below a target temp? my rog strix does that as well as my corsair powersupply, it goes by how many watts its using
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 months ago#9
Do you guys really not understand that this is a troll thread and the “joke” is that the fans shouldn’t be turning?
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
3 months ago#10
Congratulations, according to THE SOURCE!!!! this is the stupidest topic you've created yet TC. Reported.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Asus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1TB x2, 500GB | Seagate 1TB HDD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. my msi gtx gaming fan isn't running when I watch movies or surfing web

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived