This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got my GPD Win 2...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got my GPD Win 2...

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
6 months ago#1
If you still want to take a crack at it: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-2-handheld-game-console-for-aaa-games-laptop/x/12700895
The only game reviewers who can be trusted are those who publish in Latin or Swahili.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
6 months ago#2
I have envy. I can't justify $600 for a handheld right now, though. When the GPDwin 3 comes out I'll probably look at the price drop of the model 2 and maybe grab one on clearance. The first one looks a little jank for my taste, so if it's going to be a brand, a 2.0 would probably be a nice point to jump in.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

Solid Sonic
6 months ago#3
I adore UMPCs, personally. When I saw the original Win it was love at first sight but the hardware kind of let me down because of nagging issues with stability. I ended up not bringing it around with me as much as I wanted.

I'm crossing my fingers that this revision has tackled that and will be the winner it deserves to be.
The only game reviewers who can be trusted are those who publish in Latin or Swahili.

DarkZV2Beta
6 months ago#4
It really looks a lot more solid in it's construction and design, and the GPDWin 1 felt like a very rough "we can technically do it, see?" proof of concept to see if the market was there.
I'm super into handhelds(even bought a nVShield, and still think it's a great console in it's own right) so having a Windows handheld is like a wet dream.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
6 months ago#5
Wow 599 is not that bad imo. I want one so much but I just cant afford it though. It wouldn't be responsible of me to get it

Tony_Biggie_Pun
6 months ago#6
https://i.imgur.com/zYlPeta.jpg

This image sums this device up pretty much. Imagine most of your Steam games, plus the functionality of a PC in the palm of your hand

Solid Sonic
6 months ago#7
Alright, it's all sold through. So that caps it for the presale.

Hopefully they were just blowing hot air about the retail price. $900 is outrageous.

Tony_Biggie_Pun
6 months ago#8
Yeah it is outrageous. Hopefully it starts at 599 and decreases over time. 900 can get you a laptop stronger than an high end desktop

Solid Sonic
6 months ago#9
$600 is a pretty large price tag but given what it's running plus the UMPC form factor it can be justified. $300 above that is way outside that scope. My last laptop was cheaper and that thing is pretty damn awesome (running a Coffee Lake series i7 CPU).

DarkZV2Beta
6 months ago#10
$900 is what it will retail for, day 1. I doubt it'll drop more than $100 anytime soon after, though. Maybe when RAM and SSD prices go back down, it'll drop to $800, but I expect it to stay north of $600 until the 3 comes out in a couple years.
IIRC, GPDWin Gen1 didn't drop in price until the Gen2 was announced, and the US dollar isn't really doing well either.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got my GPD Win 2...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived