This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC will be stored in car during winter. Will hardware components get damaged?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC will be stored in car during winter. Will hardware components get damaged?

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 months ago#41
SinisterSlay posted...
Also don't ask pch about winter. The majority here are Americans and they think winter means 30f. Go to the Canada board if you want winter advice.

Yeah, I live in California. Haven't had a "winter" here since I moved here nearly 20 years ago. Just really long autumns that blend straight into spring. :P

SinisterSlay posted...
F or c? Makes a difference.
Running a computer at -40c

Pretty sure this was an intentional joke, but you never know around here... >_>

-40F * 9/5 + 32 = -40C
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 months ago#42
KillerTruffle posted...
Pretty

Looks quote edited.
I was talking literally that it takes -40 to bother pc components. I know since i used to have computers running outside at those temps and usually warmed up and cooled off over and over all winter.

And I'm in Winnipeg, one of the coldest places in the world.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC will be stored in car during winter. Will hardware components get damaged?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived