This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
7 months ago#71
Considering it's cheaper than console gaming, of course.

In the time I've had the same PC parts I've had to buy 2 replacements for my original Xbox One. Then I bought an X to get cleaner visuals to make my hobby more enjoyable.

I'm in waaaaaay deeper in the wallet for consoles then PC. That's not including the $3,400 tv I bought that takes advantage of the X features.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
7 months ago#72
Monopoman posted...
Even if the price hikes last for another 3+ years at that point a lot of the GPU makers will increase production to meet demand. The only reason prices are so high is because people keep buying 20-30 cards at once. Either that or they will make it so you can only buy 2-3 cards over a certain period of time.

They have done that as well as locking the cards behind bundles to curb miners. Its usually a limit of 2 for SLI purposes.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Canas_Renvall

Canas_Renvall
7 months ago#73
I went from a GTX 460m to a 660 to a 1070. 1080p/144hz ultra is still no issue...
Play games, not companies.

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
7 months ago#74
All the games I play run at high/ ultra on a 1060 6gb @ 1080p, including The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, etc... I don't need anything else for a long time, especially when you consider I rarely play AAA games & shiny graphics don't really impress me, gameplay counts more which is why I stick to smaller games with bigger ideas.

I game on PC to have the most options available to me, not to be an elitist loser with the best of the best. By time I need to upgrade, the 1080ti will be dirt cheap.

I suspect this is a troll topic though
Idiots voting for idiots.

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
7 months ago#75
Counter strike runs 1440p 144Hz On a 960 btw
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: xKynOx

xKynOx
7 months ago#76
My nephew bought a 4k TV and a 1x it's not cheaper than a pc i could have build 3 decent pc's for the money
I'm cheap
I5-4460 16GB DDR 3 ASUS GTX1060 6GB

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
7 months ago#77
AMD and Nvidia should release updates that hinder mining performance that'll stop them from buying literally the entire stock up on sites like Newegg and Amazon.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
7 months ago#78
rexbaner2 posted...
Money talks and I'm sure a lot of you didn't pick up the 1080s ... can you guys upgrade or will you settle for medium / low setting

Herp Derp - 'You need the l33tzorz Gee Pee Yoo to playz da gamez!' - my 6GB 1060 isn't struggling to high/max at 1080p.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
7 months ago#79
rexbaner2 posted...
The reality is games eventually need a better card.

I remember I had to get a 9600gt then 280 then the 660 then the 970 then the 1060.... Now I know I'm not one to wait but are many of you going to lower the settings or will you guys bite the bullet and pay the inflation

By the time games require me to significantly lower settings for playable performance, the 'inflation' will likely have deflated. Regardless, I will never pay a king's ransom for midrange GPUs, regardless of my financial situation. But then, I'm pragmatic.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
7 months ago#80
Im fine with my 980ti for now. Wasnt planning on upgrading anytime soon anyways.
Rofl House
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived