This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#61
I do have a 1080 (non ti) perfect for 1440p gaming. But the tax refund, its going to be when I have to upgrade in the future. Have to think ahead.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: kbe2k2

kbe2k2
4 months ago#62
Afford? Yes, willing to? No

User Info: untamed_squall

untamed_squall
4 months ago#63
I mean I wish I had the resources to build the beefiest computer I could. But currently, I'm more than happy playing in 1080p low/medium. The games releasing today look pretty amazing with everything turned down anyway.

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 months ago#64
I can afford it. I'm not real sure if I want to though.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: no2morro

no2morro
4 months ago#65
The rig is tax deductable for work. Even if it wasn't, sure. The cost of games is that much cheaper, I'm actually in front on PC. Sold the XBone and the PS4 because I wasn't using them. Still rocking the PS3 and 360 though. PC gaming isn't that expensive.

Trying getting set up with PSVR, and all the extra kit of that. You are easily looking at $1000+ in Australia. For Oculus and a Decent rig, you can do it for around $1700. Sure it's more, but when you remove 30% for tax (claimable for work)...you end up with a better set up and its not that much more. I'll take PC gaming any day over consoles now.
I am the instrument of providence, she will use me as long as I accomplish her designs, then...she will break me like a glass.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#66
I don't really care about playing the latest games anyway, especially since they're so rarely any good.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 months ago#67
Even if the price hikes last for another 3+ years at that point a lot of the GPU makers will increase production to meet demand. The only reason prices are so high is because people keep buying 20-30 cards at once. Either that or they will make it so you can only buy 2-3 cards over a certain period of time.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 months ago#68
It's ok, if I ever need to buy a second house, I have two 980s in the cupboard that I'm sure will sell well.

In any case, I probably won't upgrade until the 1180Ti, if that. Maybe 1280Ti, it all depends.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: Okikurmi

Okikurmi
4 months ago#69
My 970 is still doing the job just fine.
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
4 months ago#70
I bought my pc 5 years ago when I got lucky with some money.
I was never able to afford pc gaming and I sure as hell can't afford it now, I'm just hoping everyday my pc doesn't kick the bucket because if it does I don't know what I'll do for entertainment.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived