This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
3 months ago#41
It costs about £300 + inflation every 8 years; of course I can.
Argument winners: calm down, troll, hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, blocked, keep trying

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
3 months ago#42
rexbaner2 posted...
The reality is games eventually need a better card.

I remember I had to get a 9600gt then 280 then the 660 then the 970 then the 1060.... Now I know I'm not one to wait but are many of you going to lower the settings or will you guys bite the bullet and pay the inflation

Why would you go from a 970 to a 1060 thats like barely an upgrade.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 months ago#43
I'll just save up for longer.
I have patience
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
3 months ago#44
arleas posted...
Guys, nobody has to worry at all about prices going up. @32x2z explained in another topic that when you run out of money, just print more and it's all good!

If your able to have kids it's even easier! Just get knocked up and wait for your welfare check.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
3 months ago#45
Still get max settings out of my 970, so I'm likely fine till things calm down.

1070ti is about £500 odd anyway so not anything i can't afford to continue getting max settings when my current card stops being able to manage.

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
3 months ago#46
i bought a vega 64 on launch day without a second thought. i almost dropped $500 on the 1080ti's in another thread.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
3 months ago#47
Guess I'm lucky that all my latest internal parts upgrading are done by last March. The only things I've changed recently are the KB/M and PC case.

User Info: TES_Nut

TES_Nut
3 months ago#48
My 980 still runs everything at Max settings 1080@60. I don't think I'll need to upgrade till I get a 4k monitor and I'm in no hurry to do that.

People buying more GPU than they need is a rookie mistake.
The ending of the word is ALMSIVI

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
3 months ago#49
I'm happy with low-med 1080p and a 45+ consistent FPS. I like checking out the top end visuals every so often via video or other people, but I don't need that experience full time.

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
3 months ago#50
I can barely afford to be a regular gamer, let alone a pc gamer. I'm still running the same computer I had for 5 years now.

Any game that I buy I buy used after six months, part from that I'll trade a game I currently have for a used game.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived