This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
3 months ago#11
I have a 980m 8GB and I have not seen the "medium / low setting" you speak of.
Explain why MSI needs our laptops on top of the wholesale cost they're already get from us in their GT72(s)/GT80(s) trade in program? MSI isn't to be trusted!

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 months ago#12
thegreatsquare posted...

Have you played Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, or Pubg at 60fps+?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
3 months ago#13
Sure. Worst case scenario is as supply ramps up prices will stabilize. Best case scenario is the cryptocurrency bubble bursts and the market is suddenly flooded with inexpensive hardware.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 months ago#14
I cant foresee the future.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 months ago#15
Thanks to crytocurrency mining, yeah.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 months ago#16
I have a 980 TI which i have had since October of 2015. I upgrade my GPU every 3-4 years. Don't plan on upgrading till the 1180 TI which probably wont be out for another year or so.

I'll have to see what GPU prices are in a year. I would think and hope they would be back to normal by then. If not I'll ride it out with my 980 TI a bit longer and see where it goes and just hope to be fast on getting one some where at a reasonable price.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
3 months ago#17
Terantatek posted...
thegreatsquare posted...

Have you played Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, or Pubg at 60fps+?

Why do I need 60fps?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995218802/screenshot/920291580053058008
Explain why MSI needs our laptops on top of the wholesale cost they're already get from us in their GT72(s)/GT80(s) trade in program? MSI isn't to be trusted!

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 months ago#18
Nah the future as foretold from gamefaqs.... I'll have to settle with an OG Xbox as even console prices have become insane due to hacks that allow consoles to mine. Hell even phones will be farming cryptocurrency 24/7 causing mass throttling but as long as people get monies all good. More monies for all...pc gaming lol what only losers who've never seen a real pair of tities partake in that.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
3 months ago#19
I got myself a 1080 before the prices skyrocketed. I expect that the whole cryptocurrency mining thing would either die by the next GPU cycle or that the production will accommodate for it (more demand would eventually dictate more supplies, till the market stabilizes).

Best case scenario would be that the manufacturers overproduce GPUs to meet the cryptocurrency miners demand, and the cryptocurrency mining thing dies off, and the market ends up with a large supply and a small demand, and we get great prices next cycle. Though it might have long term consequences and is quite frankly unlikely to happen.

Worst case scenario is the prices stay the way they are, and I end up upgrading once in the next six or so years from now instead of twice. Between my backlog, my consoles, and the fact that the 1080 is still a good card now, I could probably use it for a good few years with little to no problems.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: CyrusV

CyrusV
3 months ago#20
My 980ti should keep me going for a while longer.
"Be excellent to each other... and... PARTY ON DUDES!" -Abraham Lincoln
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So can most of you afford to continue being PC gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived