This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best bet for a cpu right now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best bet for a cpu right now?

User Info: silvergokuZ

silvergokuZ
1 month ago#1
I was possibly looking at ryzen for an upgrade to my 4790k i7, the recent vulnerabilities have made me think even if something like the 8700k is better even with the loss it still may not be the best bet.

Was thinking of using it mostly for things like emulation, and gaming.
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.

User Info: lubmelubyou

lubmelubyou
1 month ago#2
The 4790k is a great CPU. Is there a reason why you need to upgrade? It's it the limiting factor in your PC?
My Channel for full playthroughs and other things gaming:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgb5tra_kTAbVU_Mb4XeuxQ

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#3
lubmelubyou posted...
The 4790k is a great CPU. Is there a reason why you need to upgrade? It's it the limiting factor in your PC?

silvergokuZ posted...
I was possibly looking at ryzen for an upgrade to my 4790k i7, the recent vulnerabilities have made me think even if something like the 8700k is better even with the loss it still may not be the best bet.

Was thinking of using it mostly for things like emulation, and gaming.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#4
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
1 month ago#5
Do you really need a new CPU? The 4790K is still good. What is your CPU not capable of that you need a better CPU for?

Don't let the 'vulnerabilities' get to you. that's the media trying to make it sound like it's worse then it is as with most things, it's really not that bad.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#6
Odds are you are GPU bound, not CPU bound.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: silvergokuZ

silvergokuZ
1 month ago#7
I have a 1080ti for my graphics card, just feel like time for an upgrade and more demanding games and such I see on youtube run better on the newer cpus even if its 5-15 fps difference.
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#8
Ryzen 1700x
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best bet for a cpu right now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived