This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: people complaining about high GPU prices because of mining

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ATTN: people complaining about high GPU prices because of mining

User Info: brotrrwinner

brotrrwinner
3 months ago#1
You fail to realize there's an obvious solution for your problems:

1. buy overpriced GPU
2. use it to play games
3. use it to mine when NOT playing games
4. ???
5. PROFIT!
September 21st, 2008
Never forget

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
3 months ago#2
6. Spend profit on electric bill
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
3 months ago#3
brotrrwinner posted...
5. PROFIT!

#1. Not all people can profit off of mining, and when (some of) the currencies are unstable you run the risk of losing any income generated from them turning what was once a net profit into pure loss. On top of that, trying to minimize your risk by converting mining currency to RL$ can further destabilize the mining currency.

#2. You should not feel obligated to have your GPU mining 8/7/365 in order to mitigate its higher than desired purchase price. The advice is no different than telling someone that instead of complaining about having to pay $60,000 for a car that cost $20,000 three years ago they should just be an Uber driver.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
3 months ago#4
Single GPU mining is hardly profitable. Specially if you are not running it 24/7.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
3 months ago#5
I'm sure that bitcoin will continue to be worth it when everyone in China, where electricity is practically free, is mining 24/7.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ATTN: people complaining about high GPU prices because of mining

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived