This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We should all start mining

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. We should all start mining

User Info: Iceylemon

2 months ago#41
Crypto isn't even a currency in the USA. It's seen as an investment. There is a difference between currency and an investment. At least in the eyes of the tax man.

User Info: 32x2z

2 months ago#42
Izicial posted...
Replying to 32X here because I don't know how to edit out the old quotes and it won't let me post a direct reply because it would be too long or some crap.

There weren't SILVER nickels in the 50s you silly boy. The only time they made those was during WW II. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I'm just going to submit to the trolling and not post anymore. It's just depressing at this point.

I CAN'T be referencing the gold and silver standards since those were LONG gone in the 70s as Nixxon is the one who created the fiat currency. The dollars value has decreased. You can attribute that to whatever you want but that doesn't make it any less true. Also what the f*** could 'oil can only be traded in dollars' even mean?? Betcha when France wants oil they go US change these euros into dollars because we can't buy stuff without USD xD

All currency was backed by silver and gold prior to 1971 as you and I established. Good we have a premise we understand. Silver nickels were still in circulation even if they weren't minted in 1958. I have personally found silver nickels as adult in checkout lines and this is 70 years later. What makes you think, someone did not have a silver nickel in 1958 when I can find 50 some odd years later in a walmart checkout line in addition to receiving them back as change?

A coke costs $1 now. 30 years ago it cost 5 cents. The dollar is worth MUCH less than it used to be.

OR to use your example gas is $2.50 now it used to cost 30 cents a gallon. The dollar is worth a lot less than it used to be.

A can of coke, in 1988, did not cost a nickel. A can of coke, in 1958, cost a nickel according to my parents who were alive then. USA currency in 1958, was backed by silver and gold in addition to many coins were made from silver and being spent daily such as nickels, dimes, quarters, and half dollars to name a few.

In 1965, a gallon of gas was 31 cents a gallon average. This was also when the gold standard was in effect.

I don't believe the dollar is "worth less" then what it was, the monetary system has simply changed. If gold and silver backed the dollar, it's value would be worth more, simply because of the monetary backing, not because the dollar itself is worth anything. Instead of having the dollar backed by precious metals, it is instead backed by oil and being a "reserve currency" along with holdings that each country owns.

Also France along with most of Europe goes to Russia for their oil. Russia has 100 billion dollars of treasury holdings. I think Russia is converting their Euros into dollars but that's just what I would do if I were to be receiving 100 billion and didn't want to jeopardize the integrity of that 100 billion.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

2 months ago#43
Did you just literally say that you don't think the dollar is worth less than it was but then say that it's worth less than it's previous equivalent value?
The value of a dollar is decided by what you can exchange the dollar for. What you can exchange the dollar for has decreased. Therefore, the dollar is not worth as much as it was.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: therickmu25

2 months ago#44
Don’t waste your money mining. Put $200 in any of the major coins right now in this dip and you’re likely to come out with $2000 by February.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. We should all start mining

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived