This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We should all start mining

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. We should all start mining

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
4 months ago#11
Nah, I'm just in it for the games. Always have been. Got enough good games here to keep me going for a long time, anyway, even if I had to resort to using my CPU's pathetic HD 2000 IGP.

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 months ago#12
There is a limit on the amount of coins for Bitcoin I would assume its the same for other currencies. Bitcoin won't be fully mined until like 2140 or something like that though, so even if the number of miners drastically increased we are still probably talking like 2100.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia

User Info: thegreatandrewm

thegreatandrewm
4 months ago#13
Well then we better get used to the high prices
I7 6700k at 800 mhz feel the speed :)
i72600k 3.4ghz x12 ,12 GB DDR3 x60,sapphire 7970,1080 ti x20,1500w power supply x6.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#14
Monopoman posted...
There is a limit on the amount of coins for Bitcoin I would assume its the same for other currencies. Bitcoin won't be fully mined until like 2140 or something like that though, so even if the number of miners drastically increased we are still probably talking like 2100.

As you mine more coin, mining becomes more difficult though.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: ProfessorKukui

ProfessorKukui
4 months ago#15
At 20.47 cents/kWh... no.

User Info: Pitlord_Special

Pitlord_Special
4 months ago#16
I mine Electroneum when I'm asleep or at work, but I also have electric heat in my house so not really wasting energy for it. Not something I'll continue when it warms up though

User Info: hypnoticspector

hypnoticspector
4 months ago#17
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Monopoman posted...

As you mine more coin, mining becomes more difficult though.

different coins have different difficulty retargetting algorithms. it's designed such that regardless of how many people are mining, coins will be minted at regular and predictable rates. when more people start mining, difficulty is increased. when there's a big drop off of miners, difficulty is decreased.

BTC is scheduled to stop minting new coins in 2140. other coins have much shorter timeframes. there are also 'halvenings,' where the reward for each block mined is cut in half.

best way to get into mining is what i and Pitlord_Special do - replace electric heating units with GPU mining rigs.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
4 months ago#18
32x2z posted...
The dollar can be printed infinitely and maintain it's value

oh dear god

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 months ago#19
DiviDude posted...
32x2z posted...
The dollar can be printed infinitely and maintain it's value

oh dear god

Yeah, if that was true then the solution to all the poor people is just to print more money. If you print enough so that everyone has a million, then BAM, we're all millionaires just like the people in Zimbabwe!

https://i.imgur.com/IfjEERP.jpg

That right there might be enough to buy a pack of gum...
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
4 months ago#20
I've been doing minors for ye-

*gets handcuffed*
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. We should all start mining

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived