This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the new gimmick pretending PC gaming is dying because of a temp price surge?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the new gimmick pretending PC gaming is dying because of a temp price surge?

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
4 months ago#71
MadMadMark posted...
robert43s posted...
My 1st computer cost ~£2100, that was probably 1991. That was a 33mhz 486dx, with a AMD mach64 gpu (2d, 3D wasn't around then, well not for pc anyway), 8mb of ram, I think a 240gb hard disk drive.

Believe me, you guys know nothing about crazy prices.

I had a 486 back in the day as well but I had a 5 gb hard drive, 240 gb hard drives in 1991 cost about £45,000 if you could find one!
Probably did not exist unless you could sneak into a science lab and prize the one of a super computer while no one was watching.

Argh.. brain fart. Should have been 240 mb drive. I stuck a 320mb drive in it at some point as well. Had to use drive space to compress the drives.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 months ago#72
Tyranius2 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
Really? Just take a look at the drama queen topics like "Crypto's have killed PC gaming" (a topic title I've seen just looking at the "More topics from this board..." section below).

Well, this may just be the beginning of the end. Pricier parts means less people want to pay the price of entry to become PC gamers so our numbers stagnate, then more people move away from PC due to the cost of keeping up being so prohibitive. Eventually developers will deem PC a non-profitable platform and then most AAA developers won't waste time developing for PC.

The market for ongoing games such as Warframe, Path of Exile and s*** will always remain. Especially because they don't require beefy PCs to run. But the yearly AAA experiences will come to an end.

Again, this is a temporary price surge.
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 months ago#73
32x2z posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
32x2z posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
KnucklesIX posted...
Can you explain why anyone should care about something that happened 2 decades ago?

Prototypical Millennial thinking right here

5 bucks that the person using the term "Millennial" is themselves under 35.

Lumping everyone under the age of 35 as a millennial, honestly does not make sense. Technology changed way too much between 1984 to 2004 to claim they're the same generation. Someone born in 2004 grew up completely differently then someone born in the mid 80's and early 90's, they're not the same generation no matter how much Harvard wants to make it that way. Someone born in 2004 would of been 4 years old when smart phones were hitting the scene, someone born in 1985 didn't even have internet until the mid 90's let alone understand the concept of a mobile wireless hub that has the ability to search and obtain infinite information.

Millenial is a generational term. It's like calling someone a Gen X'er or a Baby Boomer. It has nothing to do with the tech level of the time, but the generation they were born into, and the changes that occurred during thier formative years. My point was that those kind of phrases are stupid to begin with.

The point of the original millennial statement was just to show a lack of reasoning. To not understand nor care about the relevance of how things were originally, will only cause problems in the future. This type of thinking is generally done by people who live with their heads in the cloud (pun intended because a virtual cloud exist) which the millennial generation has made the norm. The huge demand in addition to a new currency has caused the market to react in a positive way however the prices have now gone up which has caused a chain reaction among those who will struggle to afford pc gaming (very small minority of gamers). When the bitcoin crash happens, the only people who will benefit are pc gamers, however the majority pc gamers (at least on this board) do not understand that nor are patient enough to wait for it to happen.

Every time you post, I say a little prayer that you are the next recipient of the Darwin Award.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#74
I've been here at GameFAQs since 2003.

The first year I was here , there was a topic every week about how PC gaming was dying.

It's been that way for the past 15 years - every few weeks some metro/millennial says that PC gaming is dying.

After awhile , you just laugh at them, and ignore their stupidity.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
4 months ago#75
Tekutso posted...
Pretty much. The crypto market is going to crash within the next year or two in all likelihood. The market will be so flooded with used gpus, they will be half of msrp if that.

Wouldn’t bet on it crashing. Still hasn’t even hit mainstream adoption yet. But what you can count on are large corrections that will send those with weak hands to sell their GPU’s in fear the market is collapsing.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#76
therickmu25 posted...
Wouldn’t bet on it crashing.

LOL

Bitcoin lost 11,000 just this week.

It's a fad , just liked curved screens, 3-D , and pet rocks.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: jhon2345

jhon2345
4 months ago#77
Born Lucky posted...
I've been here at GameFAQs since 2003.

The first year I was here , there was a topic every week about how PC gaming was dying.

It's been that way for the past 15 years - every few weeks some metro/millennial says that PC gaming is dying.

After awhile , you just laugh at them, and ignore their stupidity.

PC is a open platform, so its not going to die but expect less support/optimization.

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
4 months ago#78
>Temporary price hike
>3 years

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
4 months ago#79
Born Lucky posted...
therickmu25 posted...

LOL

Yes, dropped 40%...and that’s happened 3 times in the last year and I’ve bought at every dip and have made a killing from people selling the ‘fad’. It’s a trillion dollar market that has applicable use to the global market.

Bubbles burst because they don’t correct themselves till it’s too late. Cryptos auto correct every now and then to prevent this.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 months ago#80
therickmu25 posted...
Born Lucky posted...
therickmu25 posted...

LOL

Yes, dropped 40%...and that’s happened 3 times in the last year and I’ve bought at every dip and have made a killing from people selling the ‘fad’. It’s a trillion dollar market that has applicable use to the global market.

Bubbles burst because they don’t correct themselves till it’s too late. Cryptos auto correct every now and then to prevent this.

At some point, always "buying the dip" ends up with you holding the bag.
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the new gimmick pretending PC gaming is dying because of a temp price surge?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived