This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the new gimmick pretending PC gaming is dying because of a temp price surge?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the new gimmick pretending PC gaming is dying because of a temp price surge?

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
1 month ago#1
A bunch of people are coming out of the woodwork suddenly claiming that because of this temporary increase in pricing due to cryptocurrencies, suddenly PC gaming is this unsustainable hobby. These people need to shut the f*** up about their chickens*** little routine.
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
1 month ago#2
+1

It seems to be console kiddies who dont understand that even low end cards are superior to consoles.

User Info: Tekutso

Tekutso
1 month ago#3
Pretty much. The crypto market is going to crash within the next year or two in all likelihood. The market will be so flooded with used gpus, they will be half of msrp if that.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 month ago#4
1337toothbrush posted...
A bunch of people are coming out of the woodwork suddenly claiming that because of this temporary increase in pricing due to cryptocurrencies, suddenly PC gaming is this unsustainable hobby. These people need to shut the f*** up about their chickens*** little routine.

This

The entire board is full of people who QQ over anything that happens even if it doesn't effect them. If you can't afford pc gaming it's not the miners fault, stop being a poor trying to live a lifestyle of the rich.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.

User Info: bobthesnail900

bobthesnail900
1 month ago#5
32x2z posted...
1337toothbrush posted...

This

The entire board is full of people who QQ over anything that happens even if it doesn't effect them. If you can't afford pc gaming it's not the miners fault, stop being a poor trying to live a lifestyle of the rich.

PC gaming isn't the lifestyle of the rich xD

Maybe high end Pc gaming like virtual reality or something.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#6
watch out we got some badasses in here.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 month ago#7
bobthesnail900 posted...
32x2z posted...
1337toothbrush posted...

This

PC gaming isn't the lifestyle of the rich xD

Maybe high end Pc gaming like virtual reality or something.

I'm an older gamer, so I remember when PC gaming WAS for those who were trying to blow money to get the best experience and that's how I still perceive it 20+ years later. Need the best graphics card? Better spend 1k+. Want the best CPU? 1k+ as well. This is how it was even before the price drops with Titan cards and the 3960x. It's not a big deal that GPU's on the market went up in price cause they mine efficiently and people will buy them for an additional 50-100% MSRP.

I was planning on buying another 1050ti and VR for star wars but now I'm holding off because of crypto increasing the prices.

Bunch of console gamers took over this board, sad and pathetic."I can't afford a 1k gpu" but I can spend everyday on gamefaqs complaining about it instead of making the money to get it. You know your in the USA when you have the opportunity to get something and would rather complain because prices went up due to demand. Time to go back to high school and learn economics. If you were selling a product, and it was selling out due to higher demand, you would increase the prices in order to create better revenue for yourself which in turn allows you to generate more products to sell. Gamefaqs users don't understand supply and demand.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
1 month ago#8
Ironically you don't need to get any of the cards that actually are effected by the current craze to game properly.

Get some of the older r9's and still max 1080p settings, or a 1050... really, you don't need a top end card to play even current games well.

Was using a R9 270 until last christmas and easily running most things I wanted maxed out.
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#9
Killah Priest posted...
watch out we got some badasses in here.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: KnucklesIX

KnucklesIX
1 month ago#10
There’s nothing new worth a damn to play anyway these days
Ginyu Gang
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the new gimmick pretending PC gaming is dying because of a temp price surge?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived