This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GPU died last night, looking for advice on replacement.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPU died last night, looking for advice on replacement.

User Info: thedeadman568

thedeadman568
4 weeks ago#11
I'm already in the EU, but the prices don't seem to be that much better over here.
(message deleted)

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
4 weeks ago#13
Check craigslist
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#14
LostHisHardcore posted...
Get a console. Or bug a prebuilt and take the gpu out of that.

This has to be the most stupidest answer
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
4 weeks ago#15
I work in a major computer retailer (real computers, not bestbuy or staples). From what I can tell in my store, the GTX 1050 Ti is the only kinda gaming card that hasn't shot through the roof. That said, you'd be taking a performance hit.

Like others previously mentioned, the gtx 1060 (3gb) is the closest in performance to your 390. Unfortunately, they have gone up about $100 in the past week or two.
PSN: Archlvt88

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
4 weeks ago#16
MASKOAAA posted...
Check craigslist

I got lucky and got away with doing this and had it actually turn out well. But I only agreed to it because he invited me to his place of work so he could run furmark for me, so I could see it run and I also had his work address, and no one would allow that to happen if they were going to scam someone.
PSN: Archlvt88

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#17
Bad time for GPU to die
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 weeks ago#18
Maybe consider getting a used video card and cross your fingers and toes that this crypto bullcrap will die out.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 weeks ago#19
You could try and look around and see if you get lucky and get some thing like a GTX 1060 or 1070 for there normal price. I just check BestBuy at the local stores online and they are all sold out.

Otherwise a used 980 TI or 980 or if you don't want to wait and settle for a lesser card a 1050 TI.

I'm not sure now when prices will settle. I kind of figured when this first started it would be dying off some time around the first quarter of 2018 but looks like its ramping back up. Hopefully by this summer but who knows.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPU died last night, looking for advice on replacement.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived