This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why Civilization games are popular. They are boring as hell

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't understand why Civilization games are popular. They are boring as hell

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
7 months ago#21
ColdOne666 posted...
No but there turn based.

Isn't Civ turn based too? You moves all your pieces, or take action, then your turn ends. Then the enemy A.I. does the same.

I'll agree the game can become a bit long winded, as certain parts can drag. I like it though. Lately I am finding there is not enough time.....as I keep getting attacked and running out of money. Population keeps growing and I need more housing or amenities. Soldiers abandon me as I can't afford the upkeep😖

I find Civilization to be the pretty user friendly. Nearly all the other titles in the genre are unappealing or difficult to play. I did find all the policies and research a little confusing at first, but I like that the game offers a lot of variety, yet doesn't get too complex.

Will attempt a third , and final playthrough some time this week. Hopefully I'll be able to make enough money this time.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't understand why Civilization games are popular. They are boring as hell

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived