This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I had doubts about quitting PC gaming before. Not anymore

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I had doubts about quitting PC gaming before. Not anymore

User Info: YukitoRambo

YukitoRambo
7 months ago#1
To be precise, I won't quit immediately.

I'll quit once my current 4670K + 970 somehow breaks down.

Unless governments and banks make concerted efforts to devalue cryptocurrencies(like China sorta already did), this abnormal price inflation won't end. And they need to: cryptos as a currency is hard to trace, and organized crimes along with wealthy individuals running away from taxes are parking their wealth in these cryptos and using it to carry out illegal activities.

...But I guess they haven't because the people in power also has interest in it for their own gains.

I wished that the whole thing would just crash, but what happened after that in the past year is just the cryptos regaining and exceeding their value pre-crash because more and more people are starting to speculate.

I for one don't want to have to endure 2-3x price inflation just to be able to play videogames the way I do now.

I guess the only thing that can save my hobby is some sort of miracle(or a calamity for the crypto-speculators).
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
7 months ago#2
I wonder where you learned about crytocurrency. The concept of a blockchain is an open ledger shared by everyone so that every transaction ever made can be publicly traced. Quite the opposite of being untraceable.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: VoightKent

VoightKent
7 months ago#3
or you could just get a f888ing job

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
7 months ago#4
VoightKent posted...
or you could just get a f888ing job

Thats what the scumbags buying up cards to mine with should do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -My youtube http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2014/02/fibber-mcgee-and-molly.html -Best show ever

User Info: Darkanagar

Darkanagar
7 months ago#5
I don't have that problem because I am a god, I am rich, I am the absolute ruler of the universe.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
7 months ago#6
Don't need no gee-pee-yous to play Parcheesi
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
7 months ago#7
Cpt_Communism posted...
I wonder where you learned about crytocurrency. The concept of a blockchain is an open ledger shared by everyone so that every transaction ever made can be publicly traced. Quite the opposite of being untraceable.

But cryptocurrency doesn't represent any kind of value other than made-up numbers that everyone agrees on, right? You could say the same thing about "normal" currencies, but they at least have a country's entire government standing behind it with "full faith and credit" etc. And even then you can have massive inflation. I don't see how cryptocurrencies continue to rise in value especially when people in China are now getting into it, won't it increase supply so much it will cause massive inflation? And then you have all the different copycat currencies coming out, it's getting silly. I really feel like we're getting into pets.com territory now.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
7 months ago#8
Why not just invest the money you were going to use on parts into a steadily increasing cryptocurrency, then cash out when you have enough for the inflation?
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
7 months ago#9
sfcalimari posted...
Cpt_Communism posted...

But cryptocurrency doesn't represent any kind of value other than made-up numbers that everyone agrees on, right? You could say the same thing about "normal" currencies, but they at least have a country's entire government standing behind it with "full faith and credit" etc. And even then you can have massive inflation. I don't see how cryptocurrencies continue to rise in value especially when people in China are now getting into it, won't it increase supply so much it will cause massive inflation? And then you have all the different copycat currencies coming out, it's getting silly. I really feel like we're getting into pets.com territory now.

That's true for the earliest crypto's that were made simply as a store of value. That isn't the case these days. Investing in cryptocurrency is the same as investing in a startup tech company using the blockchain concept. When a new coin is made, their team members are disclosed along with their goals, development timeline and distribution of coins. The value of a coin is how much people are willing to pay for them, but it represents how many people believe in the project. The value of their coins rise as they reach development milestones, gain business partners and adoption by businesses around the world. Many coins these days will also pay out dividends regularly to coin holders.
tldr: It's like a stock market and cryptocurrency have value the same as shares.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
7 months ago#10
Yea sucks to build atm
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I had doubts about quitting PC gaming before. Not anymore

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived