This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are you thoughts on Gsync/Freesync?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are you thoughts on Gsync/Freesync?

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
4 months ago#51
Born Lucky posted...
PIITB415 posted...
Do they truly make a difference?

Go to the nvidia forums and read the posts of the problems with gsync.

The truth is - the idea of gsync came when vsync caused input lag.

I use vsync on every game , and I don't notice any lag at all. And all I have is a 1060.

Why post ignorant s*** when you have no idea what you're talking about?

I have no problems with my GSYNC panel and no VSYNC adds input lag end of story GSYNC has and will always be relavent and much better than VSYNC. You must have never used GSYNC before and are talking out your ass, please be quiet peasant.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: Viper187666

Viper187666
4 months ago#52
It's f***ing bulls***. Is this divide between video cards not bad enough? On what f***ing planet should we need to choose a monitor based on the video card brand? f*** that noise. It's bad enough games get optimized to work better with one card than the other. f*** this s***.
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/xbox01092016.jpg

User Info: Perfect Zeratul

Perfect Zeratul
4 months ago#53
Freesync is awesome. No more s*** input latency.
God gave man a brain and a ****. Too bad he didn't give us enough blood to use them both @ the same time....

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
4 months ago#54
At 144hz with 1ms response time I don't notice input lag and haven't noticed any screen tearing.

Not sure what the need for gsync/freesync is right now.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#55
lubmelubyou posted...
It is a game changer. If you are sensitive to frame stutter and screen tearing this is your golden ticket to awesomeness.

Which I am.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: ShadosAtPhoenix

ShadosAtPhoenix
4 months ago#56
UnderwaterAir posted...
At 144hz with 1ms response time I don't notice input lag and haven't noticed any screen tearing.

If your GPU can keep the game going at 144hz, especially if the game has an option to cap the frame rate, you're usually just fine without gsync. Where it really shines is when you play a game where frame rate dips below your monitor's max. The ability to always keep the monitor's refresh rate and the game's frame rate at exactly the same speed without having to halve the FPS is awesome.

If your GPU -can- keep things going at 144hz, gsync monitors in that range have the ULMB feature, which makes the picture a lot clearer during motion at high frame rate.

The only time gsync monitors are pointless (imo) is if your GPU keeps up with the monitor and ULMB is not available (usually gsync monitors that are <144hz...which unfortunately includes mine. Blah.)

One big issue though is that they're counterintuitive to use, and what you read online is often incorrect because they changed how things worked since gsync's original release. A lot of the old info is still around. Enable gsync, cap framerate to 1-3 frames below your monitor's max if game allows, DISABLE VSYNC IN THE GAME, enable vsync in the nvidia control panel. That will make sure things work properly in all cases (low frame rate, high framerate, or exactly capped frame rate) without weird studders and other issues, optimizing for what gsync does best.

User Info: GamerQ_1986

GamerQ_1986
4 months ago#57
UnderwaterAir posted...

Gsync isn't just for input lag and screen tearing (which you really can't notice at 144hz anyway) it's also for frame stutter jitter whatever you want to call it. It's very noticeable when gsync is off. If your frame rate jumps all over the place like when I play pubg and battlefield1 it smooths it out. When gsync is off my eyes bleed lol.
Intel I7 7700k 4.8ghz 16gb RAM DDR4 3000mhz ,GTX 1080 ti, gigabyte z270 MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 months ago#58
yeah, the stutter reduction is huge. Wildstar is one game in particular that really benefits from it, at least on windows 7 since apparently a render feature in 10 smooths it out a lot.

I also haven't experienced 144hz, but at 100hz (the cap of my ultrawide monitor) tearing is still plainly obvious when I have it off.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
4 months ago#59
I can see tearing without gsync at 144hz but only if my mind isn't consumed by something (I won't notice it in team fortress but I'll notice it in skyrim etc)
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are you thoughts on Gsync/Freesync?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived