This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one happy about the new GPU/Ram prices?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Am I the only one happy about the new GPU/Ram prices?

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 month ago#1
My reasoning is it helps create a gap between the console market and pc market. Back in the day, the console market was more geared towards kids/teenagers and pc was more adults. Now due to the ease of building a pc and similar cost between console and pc, the gap between those two markets became closer as opposed to keeping distance. I personally believe if PC's are expensive to build/maintain, then people will start shifting back to consoles in order to play games and just use non-gaming computers for the task they need a computer for. I don't like playing with kids on strategy games, and with GPU/Ram prices skyrocketing, this helps prevent parents from buying them gaming computers when you can buy an entire console with a dozen games and TV/Monitor for the same price. In 1998/99, my older brothers would spend 300 on voodoo graphics cards and they got 2 each (20 years ago so account for inflation) so honestly great GPU's costing 450-600 shouldn't be out of the norm. That's just my opinion though. I understand 1070's are a grand and 1080/1080ti are even higher, but these are the highest of the high end cards nvidia has to offer, these cards play video games on very high/high settings for most of the life of the card. I consider anything 1080P 60 FPS great for gaming but then again maybe I'm just old.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.
(message deleted)

User Info: xcmon3yx2

xcmon3yx2
1 month ago#3
yes...you are
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaaOiM_Sk560HEVNYpsA7Og
Check out my let's play channel

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#4
xcmon3yx2 posted...
yes...you are
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
1 month ago#5
Manufacturers, distributors and scalpers are happy about it too.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 month ago#6
I like to think it'll help increase productivity in the IGPU market and one day we won't a discreet object to process images.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
1 month ago#7
Why would you want a gap? Kids who game on PC become adults who game on PC.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: bobthesnail900

bobthesnail900
1 month ago#8
No, I want as many people to play on PC as possible. The more the merrier.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
1 month ago#9
That's Trump level dip-s*** reasoning right there. f*** off tc.

User Info: MangaFan462

MangaFan462
1 month ago#10
That's stupid reasoning.
Posted using GameFlux
https://i.imgur.com/Il34cSX.jpg / https://i.redd.it/zwfbqetu2b8y.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Am I the only one happy about the new GPU/Ram prices?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived