This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamers don't have an exclusive right to computer hardware

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamers don't have an exclusive right to computer hardware

User Info: speedforce131

speedforce131
4 months ago#11
I'm gonna love buying GPUs once the miners dump them.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 months ago#12
speedforce131 posted...

Why? Most cards used for mining are burned out husks by the time the miners dump them. You have to be pretty dumb to buy a heavily used mining card.

User Info: speedforce131

speedforce131
4 months ago#13
Edavy89 posted...
speedforce131 posted...

Why? Most cards used for mining are burned out husks by the time the miners dump them. You have to be pretty dumb to buy a heavily used mining card.

GPU's are designed to withstand heavy usage. I think I have a card right now that was used for mining and it works perfectly (didn't know it at the time). Bought it used. I've had it for 2 years and the card itself is older than that since it's a 270X.

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
4 months ago#14
Edavy89 posted...
speedforce131 posted...

Mining just weeds out lower quality cards faster and lets you know which brands are worth buying.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
4 months ago#15
for the sake of my wallet, im hoping the next nvidia lineup uses some kind of technology that makes their cards absolute s*** for mining, but good for everything else

i dunno like change up the memory architecture, or make it consume an extra couple hundred watts for no reason. i'd be okay with that.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: thegreatandrewm

thegreatandrewm
4 months ago#16
blacklabelice posted...
for the sake of my wallet, im hoping the next nvidia lineup uses some kind of technology that makes their cards absolute s*** for mining, but good for everything else

i dunno like change up the memory architecture, or make it consume an extra couple hundred watts for no reason. i'd be okay with that.

They dont care they just want the sale and you can use it for whatever you want if they did that they would cut there sales numbers down.

More like the new gen will make it easy to mine equals more money for card maker sad but true it is all about the profit.
I7 6700k at 800 mhz feel the speed :)
i72600k 3.4ghz x12 ,12 GB DDR3 x60,sapphire 7970,1080 ti x20,1500w power supply x6.

User Info: Ranzoh

Ranzoh
4 months ago#17
Let's see, if I had to guess, Bitcoin which is earned in games and is accumulated and then the graphics cards are one of the few products that can be purchased with bitcoin along with cash? So that explains why graphics cards are inflating in value and not any other product in the macroeconomy?

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
4 months ago#18
Ranzoh posted...
Let's see, if I had to guess, Bitcoin which is earned in games and is accumulated and then the graphics cards are one of the few products that can be purchased with bitcoin along with cash? So that explains why graphics cards are inflating in value and not any other product in the macroeconomy?

That's... not even... what?

It's a simple supply and demand issue. People are buying GPUs en masse to "mine" (read: acquire) more BitCoin. There are fewer GPUs available than there are people that want to buy GPUs, so the price goes up.
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 months ago#19
wantfastcars posted...
It's a simple supply and demand issue.

Yeah, almost like economy 101...
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
4 months ago#20
Ranzoh posted...

Bitcoin is not earned in games. Bitcoins are generated by a program, you don't even need a monitor to run the program. The efficiency of running this computer program is mostly based on having a powerful graphics card.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamers don't have an exclusive right to computer hardware

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived