This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much it cost to build a PC that can max out new games on 4k,1440? w/ 60fps

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How much it cost to build a PC that can max out new games on 4k,1440? w/ 60fps

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 months ago#11
It really is a good idea to wait out the current mining price hike.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
7 months ago#12
>enjoys the privilege of living in a country where crypto mining hasn't affected prices that much.

a 1070 is pretty much still the same price as the founder's edition cards back then.. a bit higher than when i got mine during black friday.
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
7 months ago#13
AsucaHayashi posted...
>enjoys the privilege of living in a country where crypto mining hasn't affected prices that much.

a 1070 is pretty much still the same price as the founder's edition cards back then.. a bit higher than when i got mine during black friday.

Can I buy a 1080 from you then?
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 months ago#14
therickmu25 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

Can I buy a 1080 from you then?

If it isn't affected by crypto boom, you can bet it's because importing them costs as much as the crypto-jacked prices.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
7 months ago#15
Your PC can't do 4k, let alone 1440p
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
7 months ago#16
If GPU prices weren't so crazy all you'd need to do is get a 1070 or better

User Info: theswatleader

theswatleader
7 months ago#17
ClunkerSlim posted...
Sorry. $1,000 to $1,500 is 1080p territory. You might get 1440p out of that if you’re the king of bargain shoppers.

Lol wut? Granted ram and gpu prices are insane. But gpu you can shop around for atleast.

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
7 months ago#18
Can you guys just recommend builds based on what I want in my first post? Money don't matter for now just post builds of good parts that is cheap as possible

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
7 months ago#19
you could slap a 1080ti into that and give new life to it

on the cpu side i advise to avoid intel and wait for ryzen+,it's only a couple of months away

the 2500k is still capable
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
7 months ago#20
SnakePlisken94 posted...
you could slap a 1080ti into that and give new life to it

on the cpu side i advise to avoid intel and wait for ryzen+,it's only a couple of months away

the 2500k is still capable

Get the best water cooler you can afford and overclock that 2500K to it's limits too.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How much it cost to build a PC that can max out new games on 4k,1440? w/ 60fps

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived