This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm in love with PC gaming. I have 45 games and 73 (and growing) on my wishlist.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm in love with PC gaming. I have 45 games and 73 (and growing) on my wishlist.

User Info: lorac94

lorac94
1 month ago#1
So far I've beaten 8 games, and am currently halfway through Deus Ex HR DC. I've already beaten this on PS3 back then, but on PC it's a new experience with the KB/M, better visuals, and 60FPS.

I've thought many times about buying a PS4/One/Switch/3DS again I've owned them all at least 2 times some multiple. But I just don't see the need to buy another gaming device. I have the Dell 7577 with the i5 7300HQ and 1060 6GB and all of my games have run really nice either 1080p 60FPS Medium/High, or 1080p 30FPS Ultra with ~40-60 CPU/GPU usage, and no thermal throttle w/ temps at 60-70c, like Dishonored 2. I have no problem doing both and don't mind 30 or 60 as long as it's locked. This is truly my all in one machine capable of doing everything I want w/ school, work, personal, and high quality gaming with a HUGE library. (EDIT: With the benefit of becoming more computer literate w/ software troubleshooting, etc I've learned a lot since November). Not to mention I got this for $700 thanks to a fellow gamefaq user pointing me to a sale, which I price matched with Best Buy.

There are some bad apples like AC4 and Battlefield 1 (the trial) giving me bad performance and I know it's not just my hardware cause it's the same playing on low to ultra, but there's so many games to play, I don't really care when I run into a bad port/optimized game, I just refund/ignore and move on.

And the NVIDIA freestyle effect is awesome, make Dishonored feel like a different game visually.

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
1 month ago#2
Nice! Glad you're having a great time on PC.

I feel the same way about PC gaming. I only started playing PC games more frequently about 2 years ago and I don't have the desire to go back to consoles. It's so easy to game on PC these days.

I've also met some great friends in PC game communities. Communication isn't a problem in PC games because you can use any software to voice chat, in-game voice chat, or even in-game text chat which is extremely useful when other players are not using their mics or whatever.

Gaming PC is definitely an all in one entertainment machine. I am actually going to get rid of my TV this year (it's outdated anyways) because I never use it. I watch everything online anyways.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm in love with PC gaming. I have 45 games and 73 (and growing) on my wishlist.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived