This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation VR sold over 2 million units, market leader for VR- how many for PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Playstation VR sold over 2 million units, market leader for VR- how many for PC?

User Info: darktheron

darktheron
6 months ago#51
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

I imagine you thought the same thing about PCs, Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles and every other form of new tech that came into existence in your life?

2 million sales for a 1st gen device means VR is doing just as good and in many cases better than even the best selling early smartphones.

@DarthBuzzer Kinect 1.0 sold over 12 million in one year and a life time total of over 25 million on the 360 alone (not sure about PC).

So what’s your point?

You can't compare the two. Kinect was built on decades of existing motion sensor technology. It's just a motion sensing input device, and there have been many many consumer products like that in the past.

VR is a brand new medium in it's 1st consumer generation. Every form of tech in it's 1st generation takes more than 10 years to have mainstream appeal.

VR has been here for a very long time. Are you continuing to lie?

What the hell is wrong with you?

https://www.vrs.org.uk/virtual-reality/history.html

No this stage of VR isn’t worth it.

Steam has already said most people that bought haven’t even put 20 hours into it. f***ing OUCH.

You didn't read my post. I said consumer generation. That's true, this is the first consumer generation of VR. Just because VR has been a thing in labs and in some businesses doesn't mean that it's had a generation ready for consumers.

Steam is inaccurate for those kind of measurements, so it's nothing to go by.

Next time read instead of insulting.

No, because VR has been out in the market for decades... Nintendo, Apple (the Macintosh VR goggles), along with PC in the 90s and early 2000s.

Stop lying with first consumer generation because it makes you look like a joke and a liar at the same time.

No one is agreeing with you though. You're the only one who seems to think this, yet the whole tech industry things otherwise.

You don't have a generation of products until there is competition or market traction. There was none of this before.

LOL, trolling the other threads with this crap? Tons of people agree with me. VR has been around and this isn't the first consumer generation...you are making yourself look bad and weird...
"I was purged FOUR times since last August so I decided to ramp up the troll posts now." - Laylow12(Hornedlion)

darktheron
6 months ago#52
tzuyd posted...
arleas posted...
So for this moment in time you would be correct in assuming they're exclusives.

I know, I was facetiously making that point to him :p

darktheron posted...
Stop lying with first consumer generation because it makes you look like a joke and a liar at the same time.

You're just making yourself look bad, you realise...

No, but you are making yourself a liar as you were called out 7 posts above...

Do you lie everyday? Its not healthy and go see professional help.
"I was purged FOUR times since last August so I decided to ramp up the troll posts now." - Laylow12(Hornedlion)

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 months ago#53
darktheron posted...
No...

Well, he's right - you're making yourself look pretty bloody silly by trying to compare things like VirtualBoy to current VR.

This is the first time in history we have had high quality (and even then, it's still somewhat entry level with tons of room for improvement) stereoscopic imagery through head-mounted sets, with fast, precise head tracking to the point you can feel like you're believably in another environment, available at reasonable pricing on the consumer market. It gets pretty ridiculous to say all that, and is much easier to just say "VR is new," because everyone who's not an idiot knows what's being talked about.

While it certainly *was* a precursor to VR, no sane person is going to try and equate a few flickery red lines in a headset from 1995 to full immersion of actual VR today. The full package, complete with precision head tracking at all, has not been reasonably available on the mass consumer market until very recently.

So he's right - you're just making yourself look bad with the way you're arguing over essentially nothing.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
6 months ago#54
darktheron posted...

What drugs are you on? 7 posts above was my post. The only other post anywhere nearby that you could be referring to is now moderated, nobody else even mentions me in that space.

Are you seeing double? Do you need to sit down? Do you even want to stop making yourself look bad?
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: arleas

arleas
6 months ago#55
darktheron is just here to make noise and get attention. Responding to him more than once is only making sure he comes back for more. If you think you are shaming him or putting him in his place, nope, you're just giving him the desired attention.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

darktheron
6 months ago#56
tzuyd posted...
darktheron posted...

What drugs are you on? 7 posts above was my post. The only other post anywhere nearby that you could be referring to is now moderated, nobody else even mentions me in that space.

Are you seeing double? Do you need to sit down? Do you even want to stop making yourself look bad?

And you trolling the Xbox thread where people are calling out on you and I see your friend Vin_land is back after he got punished for lying about VR on the Xbox boards....

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/76192024?page=3#71

How messed up are you for lying to people. Go get help. Tired of the trolling. And yes 7 posts above you were called and wasn’t your post... can you count?

tzuyd
5 months ago#57
darktheron posted...
people are calling out on you and I

Says people, refers to solely himself making himself look bad across multiple threads.

Good work bud.

How messed up are you for lying to people.

I know right. What kind of lifeless fool would try to convince people that consumer grade VR existed in the 90s?

7 posts above you were called and wasn’t your post..

Maybe you should recount them, I already said nothing of the sort exists. Were you perhaps moderated for trolling or something?
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

darktheron
5 months ago#58
tzuyd posted...
darktheron posted...
people are calling out on you and I

Says people, refers to solely himself making himself look bad across multiple threads.

Good work bud.

How messed up are you for lying to people.

I know right. What kind of lifeless fool would try to convince people that consumer grade VR existed in the 90s?

7 posts above you were called and wasn’t your post..

Maybe you should recount them, I already said nothing of the sort exists. Were you perhaps moderated for trolling or something?

Look at this f***ing troll. Trolling the the board and topics. NO ONE is agreeing with you. You bring up a board that has been in active because of your lying pride? How f***ing messed up are you?

tzuyd
5 months ago#59
darktheron posted...
NO ONE is agreeing with you.

Maybe don't just recount the posts, but actually reread the thread. You appear to be in some other dimension.

You bring up a board that has been in active

Yeah the Xbox One and PC boards are really sparse right now.

WTF is wrong with you. Seriously. I'm starting to get concerned.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
5 months ago#60
darktheron posted...
https://i.imgur.com/P1I4cr8.gif
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Playstation VR sold over 2 million units, market leader for VR- how many for PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived