This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation VR sold over 2 million units, market leader for VR- how many for PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Playstation VR sold over 2 million units, market leader for VR- how many for PC?
(message deleted)

User Info: darktheron

darktheron
4 weeks ago#42
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
LMAO, 2 million sales out of 70 million PS4s is pathetic. PSVR is the Kinect/Move of the current gen.

I imagine you thought the same thing about PCs, Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles and every other form of new tech that came into existence in your life?

2 million sales for a 1st gen device means VR is doing just as good and in many cases better than even the best selling early smartphones.

@DarthBuzzer Kinect 1.0 sold over 12 million in one year and a life time total of over 25 million on the 360 alone (not sure about PC).

So what’s your point?

You can't compare the two. Kinect was built on decades of existing motion sensor technology. It's just a motion sensing input device, and there have been many many consumer products like that in the past.

VR is a brand new medium in it's 1st consumer generation. Every form of tech in it's 1st generation takes more than 10 years to have mainstream appeal.

VR has been here for a very long time. Are you continuing to lie?

What the hell is wrong with you?

https://www.vrs.org.uk/virtual-reality/history.html

No this stage of VR isn’t worth it.

Steam has already said most people that bought haven’t even put 20 hours into it. f***ing OUCH.
"I was purged FOUR times since last August so I decided to ramp up the troll posts now." - Laylow12(Hornedlion)

darktheron
4 weeks ago#43
ArcadeGuy posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
LMAO, 2 million sales out of 70 million PS4s is pathetic. PSVR is the Kinect/Move of the current gen.

I imagine you thought the same thing about PCs, Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles and every other form of new tech that came into existence in your life?

2 million sales for a 1st gen device means VR is doing just as good and in many cases better than even the best selling early smartphones.

@DarthBuzzer Kinect 1.0 sold over 12 million in one year and a life time total of over 25 million on the 360 alone (not sure about PC).

So what’s your point?

12M forced with the console until MS removed and discontinued this waste of space.

I’m sorry? What are f***ing saying @ArcadeGuy?

12 million kinect 1.0 were not forced... they sold over 20 million out of retail that was NOT included in a 360....
"I was purged FOUR times since last August so I decided to ramp up the troll posts now." - Laylow12(Hornedlion)

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 weeks ago#44
ArcadeGuy posted...
What are the VR PC numbers for comparison?

Not exemplary, or the respective companies would have released them by now. Estimates are that HTC and Oculus have sold about as many units combined as the PSVR alone, but those estimates were based on figures from ~May 2017.

BaldursGate posted...
What are people even buying PS VR for? There's no good exclusives made for it.

Tag : "knowingly talks crap"

I wonder where that came from. This seems legit. [/s]

Somato posted...
Of all those games you listed, 1 is exclusive....

Please do show us where I can buy my copy of Resident Evil 7 with VR support or Skyrim VR for PC because you seem to know something the rest of the world (including publishers) don't.

Fenriswolf posted...
LMAO, 2 million sales out of 70 million PS4s is pathetic.

>PSVR has an attach rate of ~2.9%
>PS4 has a worldwide attach rate of ~0.9%
Are PS4 sales also pathetic?

spike_spiegel posted...
My only issue with consoles ever trying stuff like VR (They did this with motion controls too) is that the tech is discarded the moment a new console comes out because of how consoles are designed.

One would hope with all current gen consoles using almost off the shelf parts (with minor exceptions in the XbonX) and no evidence to suggest that the next gen won't do exactly the same, backwards compatibility shouldn't be much of a problem. Indeed, if Sony dont' allow PSVR backward compat on PS5 I agree it would spell trouble for the platform.

arleas posted...
So worst case scenario with PSVR, someone will hack a way to make it work on PC.

Old news. Look up Trinus.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: DarthBuzzer

DarthBuzzer
4 weeks ago#45
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

So what’s your point?

You can't compare the two. Kinect was built on decades of existing motion sensor technology. It's just a motion sensing input device, and there have been many many consumer products like that in the past.

VR is a brand new medium in it's 1st consumer generation. Every form of tech in it's 1st generation takes more than 10 years to have mainstream appeal.

Steam has already said most people that bought haven’t even put 20 hours into it. f***ing OUCH.

You didn't read my post. I said consumer generation. That's true, this is the first consumer generation of VR. Just because VR has been a thing in labs and in some businesses doesn't mean that it's had a generation ready for consumers.

Steam is inaccurate for those kind of measurements, so it's nothing to go by.

Next time read instead of insulting.

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#46
tzuyd posted...
Please do show us where I can buy my copy of Resident Evil 7 with VR support or Skyrim VR for PC

Neither one is currently available but both were planned. When they'll arrive? Who knows? But it's not like the market is so large that it's worth making a game for one platform only.

Both cases are timed exclusives only. So for this moment in time you would be correct in assuming they're exclusives.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

darktheron
4 weeks ago#47
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

So what’s your point?

You didn't read my post. I said consumer generation. That's true, this is the first consumer generation of VR. Just because VR has been a thing in labs and in some businesses doesn't mean that it's had a generation ready for consumers.

No, because VR has been out in the market for decades... Nintendo, Apple (the Macintosh VR goggles), along with PC in the 90s and early 2000s.

Stop lying with first consumer generation because it makes you look like a joke and a liar at the same time.

User Info: DarthBuzzer

DarthBuzzer
4 weeks ago#48
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
darktheron posted...
DarthBuzzer posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

So what’s your point?

No, because VR has been out in the market for decades... Nintendo, Apple (the Macintosh VR goggles), along with PC in the 90s and early 2000s.

Stop lying with first consumer generation because it makes you look like a joke and a liar at the same time.

No one is agreeing with you though. You're the only one who seems to think this, yet the whole tech industry things otherwise.

You don't have a generation of products until there is competition or market traction. There was none of this before.

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#49
darktheron posted...
VR has been out in the market for decades

There have been things people have called VR... it doesn't mean that Virtual boy in the 90's is the same thing as the HTC Vive. There have also been a lot of head mounted displays. Not all of them did stereoscopic 3D, not all of them had head tracking, and any of them that did probably cost a fortune and were well out of the range of the average consumer.

They also probably had a max resolution around 320x240 or if you're lucky 640x480 (probably interlaced).

Looking at a "history of Virtual Reality" on the web, the closest thing to modern VR is lists was a headset proposed by Sega (but never produced).
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 weeks ago#50
arleas posted...
So for this moment in time you would be correct in assuming they're exclusives.

I know, I was facetiously making that point to him :p

darktheron posted...

You're just making yourself look bad, you realise...
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Playstation VR sold over 2 million units, market leader for VR- how many for PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived