This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assuming a good PC...Do you buy games for consoles when there is a PC version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Assuming a good PC...Do you buy games for consoles when there is a PC version?

User Info: Echo127

Echo127
7 months ago#11
For me, the only time I'd consider it is for a multiplayer title. I prefer to play with a controller, and playing a PC game with a controller is usually a handicap when everyone else is using KB+M.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
7 months ago#12
If it's a bad port, I'll probably get the console version. Also depends on genre.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: AndronicusZero

AndronicusZero
7 months ago#13
It depends on what game it is, release date on console vs PC, if I'm playing something else at the moment, or too busy to play anything, and the quality of the PC port.

Example, I'll be getting Monster Hunter World on PS4, but if the PC port ends up being better or equal, I'll double dip and start over on PC.
PSN: RolloTomasi27 Steam: rollotomasi

User Info: Connora711

Connora711
7 months ago#14
Yes all the time. Especially since I have the one x. I just buy whatever I feel like playing it on.
The walking dead is the best show

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
7 months ago#15
No
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
7 months ago#16
It really depends on what the cheaper version is.

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
7 months ago#17
I only buy multiplats for console when the PC port is rubbish or there is a bigger community/more friends have it on console.
tide pods

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
7 months ago#18
Yes depending on if more of my friends/bigger community are on consoles or if I want the trophies.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Pigeon_Senpai

Pigeon_Senpai
7 months ago#19
Echo127 posted...
For me, the only time I'd consider it is for a multiplayer title. I prefer to play with a controller, and playing a PC game with a controller is usually a handicap when everyone else is using KB+M.

This. I prefer controller so I don't want to deal with the handicap pad players face on PC. Otherwise, PC for single player.
The official Luke Fon Fabre of all boards.

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
7 months ago#20
I buy all the games that I love on console, and then later buy on PC when they get cheap, just because I don't like the idea of having the games I buy locked into the internet and not on physical media.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Assuming a good PC...Do you buy games for consoles when there is a PC version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived