This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"this game is too hard" a reasonable example of why you don't like it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "this game is too hard" a reasonable example of why you don't like it?

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
4 months ago#31
Games with an immediately punishing difficult curve I couldn't be bothered to draw out some fun from them are rare. The likes of Ninja Gaiden or Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels, they're okay to play in small doses and try to get better at.

But let's say the Hyper Street Fighter II CPU AI. Forget that ****.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1124-lums-ufo-comedy-anime-and-manga

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
4 months ago#32
No games are truly hard, unless you want to reach guinness world record.

In most scenario to reach a decent level, you simply need to understand the easy learning curve, but on PC on people tend to hide on purpose.

It's not normal that you're stuck repeating to your teammate about peeking & lag compensation...
How to implement it in their gameplay & but still don't get it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 months ago#33
Reasonable reasons for not liking games is very very subjective.

I could hate Dark Souls games because they are too hard, but also love Silver Surfer on NES and think it's not hard.

It depends on the person....subjective.
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
4 months ago#34
This game is too hard is something thrown around by people who also say life is too hard.

Lazy, incompetent and entitled.

You have to work for that sense of pride and accomplishment (tm).
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
4 months ago#35
OrangeMustache posted...
WhyWontHeFall posted...
Hard or not, if you're not having fun, then you should stop.

Yeah, but when people play sports and they think it's too hard, and they don't spend countless hours training to be the best they missed an opportunity.

I'm 30 years old. Played baseball in college, managed to find success at that level with All American honors although endured painstaking damage to my body. Throughout the 30 years of my life I've been a gamer and even when I went to practice or had punishment running and was throwing up before my first class at 8am, I found time to game.

Playing in front of a big stage never scared me, but games with high learning curves did! lol. As I look back and am now out of shape, maybe I should push through a game with a high learning curve, because I was rewarded when I pushed through what I thought at the time was impossible expectations with athletics?
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
4 months ago#36
Someone else probably covered it, but I've generally been fine with games being "too hard" as long as they provide feedback for the player to learn from their failure. Encountering something ridiculously hard but going "You know what, on that last try I think I know how I could have done better" is different than "Yeah I don't know what I'm doing wrong".

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#37
sherudons posted...
This game is too hard is something thrown around by people who also say life is too hard.

Lazy, incompetent and entitled.

You have to work for that sense of pride and accomplishment (tm).

Really? I sure hope you don't actually believe that bulls***.

So in your opinion, a person who worked to put themselves through college without help, holds a 40 hour per week job, spends another 20-40 hours per week doing volunteer service work at any hour of the day or night, and just wants to come home now and then and unwind/de-stress by playing a game to provide distraction and entertainment without it being too difficult is lazy, incompetent, and entitled? You're full of s***. Not every gamer has the same goals for gaming you do, and there's absolutely no reason to demean anyone for that.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: __Blight__

__Blight__
4 months ago#38
Lol no. In fact, if I read a review stating such a thing I stop reading. Unless they are saying it is too hard due to a glitch or just poor design, but that's rarely the case. Games these days are so streamlined and so well made technically that the only difficulty a person should run into is playing online against actual, breathing humans.
"The Emperor protects."

User Info: coinstarcad

coinstarcad
4 months ago#39
I don't like Assassin's Creed III because it's too difficult to like.

User Info: OrgeLambart

OrgeLambart
4 months ago#40
hard games are alright sometimes,, but more times then not as I've gotten older I like to push down the difficulty settings.. don't really have the time to put into games like I once did,, so I try to push the game along and get everything I can out of it, without the frustration of dying a thousand times..
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "this game is too hard" a reasonable example of why you don't like it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived