This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does a game become irrelevant if the PC version is delayed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does a game become irrelevant if the PC version is delayed?

User Info: Fried

Fried
7 months ago#1
Does it become relevant? See a lot of people not getting Monster Hunter World anymore

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
7 months ago#2
99% of games are irrelevant to me. i'm not going to waste energy having this pointlessly objective view on what is or isn't relevant. we're not in high school trying to sit at the cool kids table. the people you see claiming they won't get it anymore either had 0 interest to start or will be dropping cash instantly once they see it 20% off on cdkeys on launch day.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

yohabroha
7 months ago#3
if gamefaqs represented the entire pc gaming population, with its "no steam = no buy," "denuvo = no buy," "delayed = no buy" mentalities, developers would've stopped releasing things on it. people lie on the internet, especially if it's to push across some absolutist message.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
7 months ago#4
yohabroha posted...
99% of games are irrelevant to me. i'm not going to waste energy having this pointlessly objective view on what is or isn't relevant. we're not in high school trying to sit at the cool kids table. the people you see claiming they won't get it anymore either had 0 interest to start or will be dropping cash instantly once they see it 20% off on cdkeys on launch day.

yohabroha posted...
if gamefaqs represented the entire pc gaming population, with its "no steam = no buy," "denuvo = no buy," "delayed = no buy" mentalities, developers would've stopped releasing things on it. people lie on the internet, especially if it's to push across some absolutist message.

^these

Also a lot of people claim they won't buy a game if it's online only (as a sort of drm check).

It's just a vocal minority saying these things.

I'd rather wait for games to be polished and done really well than have them released the same day as consoles.

A polished, great port released the same day as consoles is great though.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
7 months ago#5
pipebomb_phil posted...
Also a lot of people claim they won't buy a game if it's online only (as a sort of drm check).

But they probably won't. If half of all PC gamers don't buy it, is that not a lot of people?

It's just a vocal minority saying these things.

Pitiful sales for Windows 10 store game releases says hi. If people truly don't want to buy something then they won't.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
7 months ago#6
if you're going to claim that about monster hunter in particular, then you'd very obviously never encountered the series before.

that said, if they decide to not release further MH PC ports because people didn't buy it, I will be somewhat upset.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

yohabroha
7 months ago#7
Sir_Haxor posted...
If half of all PC gamers don't buy it, is that not a lot of people?.

there's never been a game that half of all pc gamers have purchased. there are 125 million steam users, how many pc games have sold 60 million copies? 0.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
7 months ago#8
Fried posted...
Does a game become irrelevant if the PC version is delayed?

Not to me.

If a game is delayed on PC, and I'm interested in the game, I'll get it when it releases on PC.

I'm patient. I can wait. I have a humongous backlog anyway...
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
7 months ago#9
Only if you're one of those people who need to play releases NAOW!!

For any adult it is quite easy to wait a while. Especially with a big backlog.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
7 months ago#10
Sir_Haxor posted...
But they probably won't. If half of all PC gamers don't buy it, is that not a lot of people?

Some people probably won't but the majority of people won't care if it has drm or not. There are games with drm that have sold very well despite always seeing posts like "drm online only? not buying."

Sir_Haxor posted...
Pitiful sales for Windows 10 store game releases says hi. If people truly don't want to buy something then they won't.

There are other reasons for many gamers not buying from the Windows 10 store.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does a game become irrelevant if the PC version is delayed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived