This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 months ago#71
speedforce131 posted...
Westerners are making this a race issue when the reality is that cheaters come from all walks. It's really a matter of proportion. The majority of the playerbase are Chinese & therefore it is a high likelihood that a cheater will be Chinese. When you take the scale of a population into consideration, you'll find similar ratios outside of Chinese players.

Nothing to do with a race issue. Lot of chinese people in areas other than china. No one has an issue with them. It's a demographic issue, specifically related to China.

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
4 months ago#72
Edavy89 posted...
Nothing to do with a race issue. Lot of chinese people in areas other than china. No one has an issue with them. It's a demographic issue, specifically related to China.

It is a race issue. Have you been to the Steam forums? Almost every topic about Chinese hackers inevitably descend into racist namecalling, usually by Americans who thinks calling Chinese people "ching-chong" is super edgy.

As a Chinese myself I'm sick and tire of the constant racism directed towards Chinese players, including ones who invade the Chinese forum on Steam with their usual rubbish. I take hackers over racists anyday, and those who call for region locking have no legs to stand on.

Marikhen posted...
And we'll make the Chinese pay for i... Oh, wait, they already did that.

Maybe we could try to get the Chinese to actually use their Great Firewall of China for something other than suppressing free dissemination of thought and dissenting opinions?

Says who? CNN?

Considering that amount of fake news and misinformation directed towards China from Western publications, the Great Firewall is a good thing in some aspects. Meanwhile in the USA, the internet is controlled by corporations who want to pass restrictive laws like SOPA and repel net neutrality, and people get treated like criminals for downloading free music off torrents.
Hello

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 months ago#73
Fenriswolf posted...
and those who call for region locking have no legs to stand on.

Sure they do, almost all the cheater base are using IP addresses out of China. Region lock china, you region lock the vast majority of them, and the cheating base shrinks drastically. I don't care where you are from, if you don't think that's a basis, you are simply self deluded, or stupid.

User Info: hokkendire

hokkendire
4 months ago#74
Fact is it has been stated that China is the main source of the hacking in the game, and you know its true if you are actively playing pubg. My experience is that half the games I play my squad is killed by something questionable, it is even more obvious now with the replay system.

China should be region locked, but hey if it was determined Russia or even say France were showing the same hacking numbers we would be saying the same, people just love to throw the racist cards at everything these days
| i7 7770K| MSI z270 M3 | 980ti | 16gb DDR4@3600| Oculus Rift
Steam: DatDudeCorks

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
4 months ago#75
Many many many Korean and Chinese gamers absolutely think cheating is ok. Their concept of "face" means that if they think nobody sees them doing something bad, it's ok for them to do it. So they think online anonymity makes hacking ok. Yes gamers do this all around the world but Asians take it to another level.

I've lived in South Korea for 5 years (leaving soon) and it is staggering how much Koreans will cover up and deny any negative things, about themselves or their country, like insisting prostitution doesn't exist when there are brothels on every corner...insisting the perpetual heavy smog is just "dust from China" or "humidity," or the way students will brazenly cheat off one another or buy leaked SAT tests because of the obsession with test scores here. And there's constant sleazy corporate and government corruption. All this might seem irrelevant to gaming but it's the same kind of mindset where if something isn't admitted or out in the open, they think it can't be proven.

That said, the biggest victims of Korean/Chinese hacking are Korean/Chinese gamers, and a lot of them hate it. If you were able to read Korean/Chinese/whatever message boards most of them would probably be complaining about cheating.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away
(message deleted)

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 months ago#77
Fenriswolf posted...
It is a race issue. Have you been to the Steam forums? Almost every topic about Chinese hackers inevitably descend into racist namecalling, usually by Americans who thinks calling Chinese people "ching-chong" is super edgy.

I don't give a s***. Just because some racist dumbf***s show up, doesn't make the arguments being made any less true. China has a hacking problem.

Fenriswolf posted...
I take hackers over racists anyday, and those who call for region locking have no legs to stand on.

It is confirmed that 99% of hackers come from China. Hardly "no legs to stand on". Not to mention the precedent. Most games have a client for China only.

I'll take racists over hackers any day. Racists can be muted.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
4 months ago#78
they should focus on getting the servers to stay out of single-digit tickrates before they worry about region locking tbh
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: Fony

Fony
4 months ago#79
Fenriswolf posted...
Edavy89 posted...

As a Chinese myself I'm sick and tire of the constant racism directed towards Chinese players, including ones who invade the Chinese forum on Steam with their usual rubbish. I take hackers over racists anyday, and those who call for region locking have no legs to stand on.

Marikhen posted...
And we'll make the Chinese pay for i... Oh, wait, they already did that.

Maybe we could try to get the Chinese to actually use their Great Firewall of China for something other than suppressing free dissemination of thought and dissenting opinions?

Says who? CNN?

Considering that amount of fake news and misinformation directed towards China from Western publications, the Great Firewall is a good thing in some aspects. Meanwhile in the USA, the internet is controlled by corporations who want to pass restrictive laws like SOPA and repel net neutrality, and people get treated like criminals for downloading free music off torrents.

It's funny to see you salty over this but you're also racist lol.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 months ago#80
Fenriswolf posted...

You might have a leg to stand on if people were calling for the IP-blocking of racial Asians and not just region-locking the country of China. Asking to have a country region-locked due to the morals, values, and/or laws of that country is no more racist than asking to exclude a pedophile aunt from your 9 year old son's birthday party.

You can't even really claim bigotry until you can prove that the dislike for "Chinese cheaters" is absolutely unwarranted and unfounded.

Also, if region-locking China were "racist" then so wouldn't region-locking any other country be racist as well? In the case of the United States it begs the question of just whom it would be racist to as while the majority of the population is white the country is still nearly 13% black.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived