This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#41
zhenghan posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
zhenghan posted...
yohabroha posted...
i just laid out for you how wait times won't be an issue. what the f*** is your problem?

Yes because you're a prophet and can see into the future.

If region locking China didn't kill LoL, Dota or Overwatch, why would it kill PUBG?

Those games aren't nearly as popular as PUBG right now though.

thanks, you just reaffirmed his point.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#42
yohabroha posted...
its simple numbers, but if you want to go ahead and deny that then that's fine, continue spending your friday worrying about something that won't happen for zero reason other than to not admit you were wrong on a video game message board

I'm not worried, it's just annoying.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#43
Yeah, look at his last response. He's an idiot. I'm out.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 month ago#44
Tyranius2 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
If a game requires Chinese players to fill slots, it's a s***ty game.

THIS SO MUCH

Back when we played World of Warcraft with SIX million people for the entire world, it was SERVER LOCKED. What this means is that our PVP and PVE was limited to just a SINGLE server, there was no crossrealm when I started playing. Never did I have an issue getting into pvp. Never did I have an issue finding a raid or party for dungeons. Never did I have any issues with chinese hackers or hackers in general. When crossrealm happened area51 became known for in-game exploits but it was AMERICAN and by the next patch it was fixed. In fact a good game patches their problems instead of coming up with excuses like player base sizes. If a game that was region locked/server locked became one of the best selling subscriptions of all time, PUBG can absolutely do the same considering it's "the best selling" or whatever hype it is.

If I have to play with people in China and Russia then the game is bad or low population. Their ping is about 200-300 more then mine and makes for a laggy game even if my ping is 20-30. Region lock my games please, so I can understand the language my team is playing and play with players with good ping.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.

User Info: Shawcross

Shawcross
1 month ago#45
Tyranius2 posted...
It's pulling 3m with Chinese players. Chinese players are not counted on Steam stats for Dota, they have their own client.

Guess western PUBG is struggling to keep up with a 10 year old game lol

This is such a stupid argument. You are comparing a F2P game that is ran on potatoes all over the world to a game that has sold 20+ million copies at 30 bucks a pop.
Steam Profile for friend requests: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198100738367/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NeutronRaptor
(message deleted)

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
1 month ago#47
Yes, they should region lock them. Aside from the hacking problems, the pings are going to be way higher too.

Plus, other games do it, so why does PUBG have to be different?
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
1 month ago#48
zhenghan posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
It's pulling 3m with Chinese players. Chinese players are not counted on Steam stats for Dota, they have their own client.

Guess western PUBG is struggling to keep up with a 10 year old game lol

Who cares it looks good and it's selling a s*** load of copies. It's on its way to becoming the #1 best selling PC game of all time, if it's not there already.

Minecraft and Skyrim say hello.

Tyranius2 posted...
If a game requires Chinese players to fill slots, it's a s***ty game.

I agree

And this:

VoidNoodle posted...
Just region lock everyone, really.

And if this happens:

zhenghan posted...
Region blocking the Chinese is how H1Z1 died and has yet to recover.

oh well
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#49
hitokiri13 posted...
Why not just improve the cheat detection like Blizzard does.

Didn't Blizzard region-lock a few of their games' Chinese releases?

zhenghan posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
So the #1 best selling PC game can't afford to region lock China when every other game can. Right.

PUBG is not "every other game". It's the most popular game right now.

Sounds like you're saying that PB would no longer be "the most popular game right now" without the Chinese component.

I mean my interest in the game begins and ends with wondering why people us "PUBG" for an accronym when the name is PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS with no deviation in capitalization to warrant adding in extra letters, and as such I'm not against the game in any fashion.

I just think it's odd that folks would be so vehemently against the idea of splitting up player populations by moral standards and technical aspects so that people with a given set of values and qualities of internet connection can play with other people with people who have similar values and qualities of internet connection.

Then again I have to also wonder why people keep going on about "Well the game sold this many copies and has this many Chinese players" as if Chinese players:buyers was a 1:1 ratio when all throughout World of Warcraft's population boom era people took pains to note that China's gaming environment skewed the metrics thanks to things like pay-as-you-play gaming. The way most comments read back then read sounded I it makes me wonder whether or not there's more like 50 or more Chinese players for every copy sold and the people buying the copies are just rotating gamers through in-store rented PCs to play the game.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
1 month ago#50
The elephant in the room regarding this "Region Lock China" brigade is that the vast majority of players don't use random-matchmaking in PUBG.

People typically either play Solos, group up with IRL / gaming friends, or use the Official Discord (Probably 50K+ in that server by now) to find people to play with. This leaves a very very small amount of players left that actually DO use random-matchmaking and get paired up with Chinese players.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived