This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
6 months ago#11
Region blocking the Chinese is how H1Z1 died and has yet to recover.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
6 months ago#12
zhenghan posted...
Game won't be nearly as populated or popular without the chinese players. I enjoy being able to get into a game instantly. f*** long wait times to join a game.

The Chinese do make up 47% of the playerbase I believe
Currently Playing : Nier Automata and Xenoblade Chronicles 2

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
6 months ago#13
china numbah wan
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
6 months ago#14
If a game requires Chinese players to fill slots, it's a s***ty game.

Chinese have their own client of dota and Dota still pulls daily 700k players.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

zhenghan
6 months ago#15
Tyranius2 posted...
If a game requires Chinese players to fill slots, it's a s***ty game.

Chinese have their own client of dota and Dota still pulls daily 700k players.

PUBG is pulling 3m though.

Also, last I checked you play fortnite and not PUBG. So this doesn't even really concern you as a player. I know that you want PUBG to crash and burn, but Bluehole isn't the type to cave into peer pressure like the H1Z1 CEO did.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 months ago#16
Maverick_Reznor posted...
zhenghan posted...
Game won't be nearly as populated or popular without the chinese players. I enjoy being able to get into a game instantly. f*** long wait times to join a game.

The Chinese do make up 47% of the playerbase I believe

Which doesn't matter at all because the game has a VERY healthy player pool in each region. It's absurd that PUB doesn't have regional matchmaking.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
6 months ago#17
zhenghan posted...

3.1 million players currently on. let's say we believe that 3 million is comprised of PUBG's average userbase and 47% are Chinese right now (it's probably China heavy right now since it's work/school time for US). Region lock the Chinese user base and you have 1.643 million still available. Divided by 100 people, that would be 16,340 available games. Granted, that's divided among 6 different servers (1,2,4 player with tpp/fpp option), but this isn't an issue. CS:GO spreads its much smaller population thinner than PUBG's 6 modes and there's no complaints there.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
6 months ago#18
It's pulling 3m with Chinese players. Chinese players are not counted on Steam stats for Dota, they have their own client.

Guess western PUBG is struggling to keep up with a 10 year old game lol
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

zhenghan
6 months ago#19
yohabroha posted...
zhenghan posted...

3.1 million players currently on. let's say we believe that 3 million is comprised of PUBG's average userbase and 47% are Chinese right now (it's probably China heavy right now since it's work/school time for US). Region lock the Chinese user base and you have 1.643 million still available. Divided by 100 people, that would be 16,340 available games. Granted, that's divided among 6 different servers (1,2,4 player with tpp/fpp option), but this isn't an issue. CS:GO spreads its much smaller population thinner than PUBG's 6 modes and there's no complaints there.

You don't know what repercussions there will be once you region ban the Chinese. It may just become the next H1Z1. There is already a precedent.

zhenghan
6 months ago#20
Tyranius2 posted...
It's pulling 3m with Chinese players. Chinese players are not counted on Steam stats for Dota, they have their own client.

Guess western PUBG is struggling to keep up with a 10 year old game lol

Who cares it looks good and it's selling a s*** load of copies. It's on its way to becoming the #1 best selling PC game of all time, if it's not there already.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived