This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
4 months ago#1
Now while Bluehole has come out and said almost all the cheaters are asian, they have not commented on whether or not all the server problems are their fault.
Tons of people everyday are asking for Region lock specifically for asia on the devs Discussion board.
Do you think BlueHole should region lock Asia?
Currently Playing : Nier Automata and Xenoblade Chronicles 2

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 months ago#2
Of course they should. There's empirical evidence that the Chinese community is bringing the overall quality of the game down due to so much hacking.

A lot of games region lock China and for good reason. It's a completely different demographic where hacking and pay to win are not as shunned as they are in the west.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: hitokiri13

hitokiri13
4 months ago#3
Tyranius2 posted...
Of course they should. There's empirical evidence that the Chinese community is bringing the overall quality of the game down due to so much hacking.

A lot of games region lock China and for good reason. It's a completely different demographic where hacking and pay to win are not as shunned as they are in the west.

Why not just improve the cheat detection like Blizzard does. So you just went further to make developers more lazy. Game is unfinished and they have like millions for the god damn early access sales. How do people give this developer a pass and redirect the blame to the Asians. They deserve to get hacked because region wouldn't fix because there hacks Asians use work. lol This generation of gamers is weak.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. - Hannibal

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
4 months ago#4
Just region lock everyone, really.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: HaMMeRHeaD25

HaMMeRHeaD25
4 months ago#5
They need to section Brian Greene at this point
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
4 months ago#6
hitokiri13 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

Why not just improve the cheat detection like Blizzard does. So you just went further to make developers more lazy. Game is unfinished and they have like millions for the god damn early access sales. How do people give this developer a pass and redirect the blame to the Asians. They deserve to get hacked because region wouldn't fix because there hacks Asians use work. lol This generation of gamers is weak.

Not everyone has the resources Blizzard has.

Having actually good anti cheat is expensive as f***, as anything you do can typically be undone in a matter of days or even hours. It requires a good chunk of manpower and hours to stop even basic hacks that just find new loopholes to get through.

User Info: Cruzader619

Cruzader619
4 months ago#7
cheaters my ass, they just set it to the lowest settings and set the brightness to the highest
"If you commit suicide on this forest, bears will poop on your corpse."

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
4 months ago#8
Cruzader619 posted...
cheaters my ass, they just set it to the lowest settings and set the brightness to the highest

The devs have stated that 99% of the cheaters are from China
Currently Playing : Nier Automata and Xenoblade Chronicles 2

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#9
Game won't be nearly as populated or popular without the chinese players. I enjoy being able to get into a game instantly. f*** long wait times to join a game.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 months ago#10
R_Jackal posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

Not everyone has the resources Blizzard has.

Having actually good anti cheat is expensive as f***, as anything you do can typically be undone in a matter of days or even hours. It requires a good chunk of manpower and hours to stop even basic hacks that just find new loopholes to get through.

You know how many millions this game has sold? Lack of resources my ass.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Western market for PUBG blames a lot of the games problems on Asians

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived