This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i7 6700k was damaged. Replace with i7 8700k and upgrade motherboard?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i7 6700k was damaged. Replace with i7 8700k and upgrade motherboard?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
7 months ago#11
draxenz posted...
They're replacing the pump, but you guys are making me not want to use it :( I hope it doesn't damage my next processor.

Continue to use it but get an extended warranty on it or whatever that protects your whole computer.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: k debonair

k debonair
7 months ago#12
Superemppu posted...
less noise due to less moving parts.

just pointing out that this is generally false. unless your fans are running lower than 800 rpm, the water pump will be quieter if installed correctly. and while not completely silent, water pumps are effectively inaudible in most setups from more than a few feet away.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
7 months ago#13
k debonair posted...
Superemppu posted...
less noise due to less moving parts.

just pointing out that this is generally false. unless your fans are running lower than 800 rpm, the water pump will be quieter if installed correctly. and while not completely silent, water pumps are effectively inaudible in most setups from more than a few feet away.

It does depend on the settings, sure. But what I've heard the pumps can generate a faint high pitch noise that can be quite annoying. I've got a Noctua NH-D14 paired with my i7 4790K and even under extreme stress it doesn't break 900RPM.
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
7 months ago#14
Wow at least you got some money back.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i7 6700k was damaged. Replace with i7 8700k and upgrade motherboard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived