This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's hilarious how much a GTX 1060 6GB costs now

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. It's hilarious how much a GTX 1060 6GB costs now

User Info: thegreatandrewm

thegreatandrewm
4 months ago#41
Lol my 1080 ti is 1800 canadian with tax on newegg. Newegg must be drunk again.
I7 6700k at 800 mhz feel the speed :)
i72600k 3.4ghz x12 ,12 GB DDR3 x60,sapphire 7970,1080 ti x20,1500w power supply x6.

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 months ago#42
NicoGrimm posted...
wuphilly posted...
I'm helping a friend upgrade a pc I traded for and I was thinking about the 1060 6gb. They had some of the evga compact size on newegg for like 280, but it ran out of stock before we could buy it. If he's just gonna game at 1080p, is a 3gb goood enough for that?

970 is 3.5, right? That's what I have absolutely no issues running every game on 1080 with high settings (occasionally have to turn Shadows down) and at least 60fps.

I don't know how big of a difference .5 gb would make.

Next to nothing for performance, but I believe if you use over 3.5gb vram, it starts to use your system memory which can cause some stutter. I could be way off, but I have noticed stuttering with my 970 anyway, even without high VRAM games. It seems to be mostly corrected by capping the framerate at 60 (my monitors refresh rate). I don't really know why.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 months ago#43
wuphilly posted...
I'm helping a friend upgrade a pc I traded for and I was thinking about the 1060 6gb. They had some of the evga compact size on newegg for like 280, but it ran out of stock before we could buy it. If he's just gonna game at 1080p, is a 3gb goood enough for that?

Yeah, but the 6GB would definitely be preferred. I wouldn't go with a 3GB card today.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
4 months ago#44
For reference, I bought my Strix 1050 Ti for $219 CAD on amazon.ca just a few months ago, it's $286.94 now.

I super lucked out and snagged 2 asus strix rx480s for ~200 TOTAL right when they were clearing the stock because of the 580 and right before the random scalping/mining price increase.

when I was trying to buy my 290x tho, had to literally wake up early and refresh pages to get it before stock cleared and price increased.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#45
Killah Priest posted...
For reference, I bought my Strix 1050 Ti for $219 CAD on amazon.ca just a few months ago, it's $286.94 now.

I super lucked out and snagged 2 asus strix rx480s for ~200 TOTAL right when they were clearing the stock because of the 580 and right before the random scalping/mining price increase.

when I was trying to buy my 290x tho, had to literally wake up early and refresh pages to get it before stock cleared and price increased.

i saw some gaming X rx 470 for some ridiculous low price, but I didn't bite since I was waiting for the RX 560.

But polaris refresh was a catastrophic fail of epic proportions I had to get an Nvidia card. (probably going to be Nvidia for life now though)
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 months ago#46
Well you figure that the market would readjust and ramp up production, since even EVGA can sell their cards for higher and if they undercut the scalpers they will get all the buyers. I mean every other supply demand thing works like this, but in this case it seems like prices have gotten worse not better, we saw some markups around like may or june and those markups are way higher now.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia

User Info: wuphilly

wuphilly
4 months ago#47
Boge posted...
wuphilly posted...

Yeah, but the 6GB would definitely be preferred. I wouldn't go with a 3GB card today.

It might be preferred, but 3gb is way cheaper right now...

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#48
From amazon - Look at the price of the bottom one. . . LOL

https://i.imgur.com/IjxUcZg.jpg
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
4 months ago#49
I guess we can hope that MAYBE because they're starting to release mining specific cards we can get past the whole price increase because miners still profit vs just wanting to game.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 months ago#50
Monopoman posted...
Well you figure that the market would readjust and ramp up production, since even EVGA can sell their cards for higher and if they undercut the scalpers they will get all the buyers. I mean every other supply demand thing works like this, but in this case it seems like prices have gotten worse not better, we saw some markups around like may or june and those markups are way higher now.

The trouble is there's only a handful of companies that are equipped to manufacture GPUs and ram. Samsung is starting to ramp up ram production, that's a pretty safe bet since people will always want phones/tablets/consoles/basically every electronic device, but I'd be afraid to expand too far if I were a silicon fabricator. All it takes is a coin crashing and and not only will the demand for new stock go down but the market will be flooded with used parts which will exacerbate the issue which leaves them with a facility they just dumped a bunch of money into that's now useless.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. It's hilarious how much a GTX 1060 6GB costs now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived