This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's hilarious how much a GTX 1060 6GB costs now

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. It's hilarious how much a GTX 1060 6GB costs now

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
7 months ago#31
If people are willing to buy at those prices, then it's not overpriced. You can always ride the crypto wave yourself to make some money back.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
7 months ago#32
Eagleeyejack posted...
What the hell happened? I just built my PC about a little under a year ago and the 1070 in it now is going for almost triple what I paid.....Did Nvidia just stop making the cards?

Cryptocurency happened. The demand for gfx cards skyrocketed, which they can't meet, which means prices go up.

At least, that's how I understand it.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
7 months ago#33
That seems absurd when just a few months back i got my 1080ti for $750 lol
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
7 months ago#34
Yeah, just checked Newegg out of curiosity, ranges from $489-600+ that's absolutely ludicrous. I like my 1060, but no way in hell is it worth that kind of cash.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
7 months ago#35
Weird. My 1070 was $544CDN when I got it January of last year, the place I got it from has increased the price, but it's $644CDN there vs $939CDN on NewEgg. Yes, it's the exact same card. 1060s are also averaging at $400CDN.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
7 months ago#36
The 1060 6gb I have in my "old" build was $365CDN in Aug. 2016, it's now $390CDN through that retailer and same price on NewEgg Canada, but $540 on Newegg.com

Is this maybe just a NewEgg thing? Or US-only?
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: wuphilly

wuphilly
7 months ago#37
I'm helping a friend upgrade a pc I traded for and I was thinking about the 1060 6gb. They had some of the evga compact size on newegg for like 280, but it ran out of stock before we could buy it. If he's just gonna game at 1080p, is a 3gb goood enough for that?

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
7 months ago#38
nominturddaddy posted...
Is this maybe just a NewEgg thing? Or US-only?

US only for now I think. But I'm definately seeing ripple effects on newegg.ca and amazon.ca for GTX 1050 Ti. (ridiculous prices, you'll see).

For reference, I bought my Strix 1050 Ti for $219 CAD on amazon.ca just a few months ago, it's $286.94 now.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
7 months ago#39
wuphilly posted...
I'm helping a friend upgrade a pc I traded for and I was thinking about the 1060 6gb. They had some of the evga compact size on newegg for like 280, but it ran out of stock before we could buy it. If he's just gonna game at 1080p, is a 3gb goood enough for that?

970 is 3.5, right? That's what I have absolutely no issues running every game on 1080 with high settings (occasionally have to turn Shadows down) and at least 60fps.

I don't know how big of a difference .5 gb would make.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: Boge

Boge
7 months ago#40
What happened to the dedicated mining GPUs?
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. It's hilarious how much a GTX 1060 6GB costs now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived