This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

User Info: geejq

geejq
4 months ago#81
nominturddaddy posted...
ZA is 1080p. It won't scale to higher resolutions like you can when internal scaling with an emulator. Playing at native res on a 4k monitor will look washed out compared to native res on a 1080p. I agree FFX HD ruined most faces, just because it was like meeting a high school friend in your 40s and you hadn't seen them since their plastic surgery.

pc should be able to, or modded to right away. and yeah, would compare it to plastic surgery+botox lol.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#82
If the recommended specs for 1080p@60fps is a 980, 4k@60fps is going to be much higher. Wouldn't be hard to put a 4k internal boost in from SEs end, except they aren't because of how poorly the engine is optimized (see again the reqs for this game@1080p), they don't even want to put the sloppy boost in unofficially because it's easier to eat trash for something you aren't doing than something that's terrible and have people wondering why it's so bad given how dated the game looks.

A mod would have to brute force it, which if it gets done will make that requirement higher than if SE did it officially.

1080ti for 60fps with a PS2 remaster to look like an HD PS3 game with a 4k-res mod. Have fun.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

geejq
4 months ago#83
nominturddaddy posted...
If the recommended specs for 1080p@60fps is a 980, 4k@60fps is going to be much higher. Wouldn't be hard to put a 4k internal boost in from SEs end, except they aren't because of how poorly the engine is optimized (see again the reqs for this game@1080p), they don't even want to put the sloppy boost in unofficially because it's easier to eat trash for something you aren't doing than something that's terrible and have people wondering why it's so bad given how dated the game looks.

A mod would have to brute force it, which if it gets done will make that requirement higher than if SE did it officially.

1080ti for 60fps with a PS2 remaster to look like an HD PS3 game with a 4k-res mod. Have fun.

Like I said i'm not defending it. Maybe if FFXV is good they will have some expectation to live up to, they should probably stop ruining their rep though.

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
4 months ago#84
Mehh, knowing SE they'll just half-ass it like their other ports.

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#85
geejq posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

Like I said i'm not defending it. Maybe if FFXV is good they will have some expectation to live up to, they should probably stop ruining their rep though.

I didn't say you were defending it, you were just giving it a bad rep for something it didn't actually do.

FFXV has already been released and proven to be bad. The last time SE made a good game was FFXIV ARR (which only lasted until they started making money again so they gave up that ghost within months), and that's because their toes were right over the sharks. If you want them to make a good game again, stop buying their games, and encourage other people to stop buying their games, so they miss so many sales they make another Final Fantasy with the mentality they had behind the first. Then they will make money from that, and go right back to doing what they're now known for - banking on their name, not the quality of their work.

geejq
4 months ago#86
nominturddaddy posted...
geejq posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

I didn't say you were defending it, you were just giving it a bad rep for something it didn't actually do.

FFXV has already been released and proven to be bad. The last time SE made a good game was FFXIV ARR (which only lasted until they started making money again so they gave up that ghost within months), and that's because their toes were right over the sharks. If you want them to make a good game again, stop buying their games, and encourage other people to stop buying their games, so they miss so many sales they make another Final Fantasy with the mentality they had behind the first. Then they will make money from that, and go right back to doing what they're now known for - banking on their name, not the quality of their work.

Was on accident, clarified about it being only character textures. Unless you mean something else than the texture thing.

Also I happen to like XV, I see all the faults but it's still top notch in the parts it does well for me. I was talking about the quality of the pc version though.

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#87
Rest assured, it will be poor.

User Info: Energist

Energist
4 months ago#88
Yes! I almost caved and got a PS4 this Christmas for this and the upcoming Spider-Man game. That's one down. I doubt SM will make to PC, or at the very least any time soon, but who knows? Maybe it won't be any good, anyway.
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."
- Frederick Douglass (R)

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
4 months ago#89
Energist posted...
Yes! I almost caved and got a PS4 this Christmas for this and the upcoming Spider-Man game. That's one down. I doubt SM will make to PC, or at the very least any time soon, but who knows? Maybe it won't be any good, anyway.

Whatever you need to tell yourself

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 months ago#90
Energist posted...

That Spider-Man game looks f***ing incredible and its made by one of the best game development teams that usually works on Playstation exclusives. I think that game could easily be the best Spider-Man game ever made. Even still I am glad I bought my PS4 I have gotten more than enough exlucsives to make it worth it, I play my PC more but I do not regret buying a PS4 at all.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived