This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#11
The best PS4 game is coming to PC.

Good bye PS4.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
4 months ago#12
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Also, console piracy is a thing, and is typically much harder to combat than PC piracy

FF are mainly identified as console games, so of course they'll always release them on consoles first, even if they released on PC at the same time the consoles versions would still sell infinitely more.

Console piracy for this gen is practically non-existent, whereas PC has always been rife with it, so they release for consoles where they will get the most money and then release for PC at a later date where it won't sell nearly as much and will be pirated to hell and back.

BMXJouster posted...
If it came out on both platforms day and date for the same price I would be much more willing to spend $40 at launch on the game.

Don't pretend only console gamers do this, there are more than enough people willing to pay on both sides, trying to say it's more of a problem with one over the other is just ignorant.

User Info: Darkanagar

Darkanagar
4 months ago#13
The real version of the game is finally coming out.

Time to play the game how it was truly meant to be played.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
4 months ago#14
@Darkanagar posted...

It's only a port of the console version which is already the "real version of the game"

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
4 months ago#15
My favorite JRPG by far, although I only played the vanilla version, never really liked the classes concept.

Also played it on [don't wanna get my post deleted] like two years ago, completed a perfect save in 160h.

Really like the combat system, probably buying it.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#16
Definitely going to buy it, but I'll never pay more than $19.99.
So it might be a while.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#17
KainFourteh posted...
@Darkanagar posted...

It's only a port of the console version which is already the "real version of the game"

It's still missing the Vanilla ruleset which is the best.

User Info: Darkanagar

Darkanagar
4 months ago#18
KainFourteh posted...
@Darkanagar posted...

"Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on Steam will release with all of the modern advancements and features available in the PlayStation 4 version, such as latest-generation visuals, a remastered soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, fast forward function, and many other enhanced features. The following new features will also be added for PC users:

60FPS – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS.
Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.
"

Truly JUST a PORT huh?

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#19
Darkanagar posted...
Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.

These are the only truly new features. They padded it a bit for some reason.

We can actually further trim it down to these two:

Darkanagar posted...

Since one is a cheat code, and the last is expected as standard for PC releases.

The PS4 version easily could have been 60fps, I'm still confused as to why it wasn't, unless they intentionally handicapped it to give people who had a PS4 and gaming PC an extra reason to upgrade from the PS4 version. But that's just crazy talk. The argument for no 60fps prior to this was that 30fps was tied to the timings (like a lot of games used to do), so it would be an engine overhaul instead of a hardware-dependent framecap rise. This takes that away.

Anyway...

Darkanagar posted...
Truly JUST a PORT huh?

Unless they're adding in a slew of PC-only tech options, yes. Since 60fps could have easily been achieved on PS4, I would think it's safe to assume they're decapping the rate and not optimizing, just having the requirements brute force it (the requirements make it look this way). Ultrawide is easy to do when it's done developer-end.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 months ago#20
KainFourteh posted...
FF are mainly identified as console games, so of course they'll always release them on consoles first, even if they released on PC at the same time the consoles versions would still sell infinitely more.

Console piracy for this gen is practically non-existent, whereas PC has always been rife with it, so they release for consoles where they will get the most money and then release for PC at a later date where it won't sell nearly as much and will be pirated to hell and back.

Lots of games used to be on console only or ported terribly. That isn't the case anymore for the most part. Saying FF, or any non-exclusive, is associated with consoles would be a misnomer now.

I have no idea how console piracy is this gen, but wouldn't your argument be the same regardless of the gen? Good games that release at the same time generally have comparable sales numbers. Tekken would be a good example. Their goal is to sell the game multiple times to the same person, that is all.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived