This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
3 months ago#1
https://gematsu.com/2018/01/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-coming-pc-via-steam-february-1

Glad it's making it to PC (I knew it would since basically every other FF has), but it's a little annoying they keep doing the limited-time exclusivity on the console versions. Because of that and its $50 MSRP, though, I'll be waiting for a significant price drop.

EDIT: Apparently there's also a 20% launch discount dropping it to $40.
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 months ago#2
objectively good for pc gaming, but man the recent resurgence of support for this game is annoying. it's a mid tier FF game at best
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 months ago#3
lol square, overprice everything to hell and then complain about low sales.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
3 months ago#4
BMXJouster posted...
little annoying they keep doing the limited-time exclusivity on the console versions.

That's where they sell the most and don't have to worry about piracy f***ing their sales.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
3 months ago#5
Yep, not going to pay near full price for an old game. Not going to support that tactic, especially from Squenix who barely supports their games. Even though I didn't like it originally, I might give the new version a shot once it is around $20.... unless denuvo like SO4 of course.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 months ago#6
KainFourteh posted...
BMXJouster posted...
little annoying they keep doing the limited-time exclusivity on the console versions.

That's where they sell the most and don't have to worry about piracy f***ing their sales.

it's where they sell the most because it's where they release first.
Also, console piracy is a thing, and is typically much harder to combat than PC piracy. It's just that the average console user isn't smart enough to do basic research, and needs their hand held; hence why they got a console, and are willing to pay full again and again for the same software.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
3 months ago#7
http://store.steampowered.com/app/595520/FINAL_FANTASY_XII_THE_ZODIAC_AGE/

Page up on Steam, and surprise surprise... Denuvo.

Regardless, I won't be buying this anytime soon if at all. It needs to be more than a 10$ day 1 discount for how long it took for them to release it on PC. It should be 30$ max as far as I'm concerned.

User Info: PhazonReborn

PhazonReborn
3 months ago#8
yohabroha posted...
objectively good for pc gaming, but man the recent resurgence of support for this game is annoying. it's a mid tier FF game at best

The Zodiac Age changes make it a great FF game actually. One of the better ones IMO.
The Phazon you know and trust since 2004 Steam ID: AncientToaster / PSN ID: LiteralToaster

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 months ago#9
goddamn.

i was pretty close to just getting the ps4 version and now this great (piece of)news.

sure, it's pricey for an old game but this is also the first time on PC and the final version most of us will get.. sadly can't say the same for the console version.

never bought the ps2 version either but borrowed from a friend.
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
3 months ago#10
AsucaHayashi posted...
sure, it's pricey for an old game but this is also the first time on PC and the final version most of us will get.. sadly can't say the same for the console version.

never bought the ps2 version either but borrowed from a friend.

Honestly my bigger issue is that they not only released it on console only at first and made PC users wait about 7 months to get it, but rather than give it to us at a substantial discount for the long wait (like $20-25) we're getting it at $50 ($40 for the first week).

If it came out on both platforms day and date for the same price I would be much more willing to spend $40 at launch on the game.
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to Steam February 1st

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived