This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyway to make Chrome play videos when I click away from the tab?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyway to make Chrome play videos when I click away from the tab?

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
6 months ago#11
SleepComa posted...
Shah138 posted...
SleepComa posted...
So I am testing it, and Twitch automatically pauses if I click away from the tab and the volume is on mute.

This happens to me as well when I mute Twitch via it's player and go to another tab. What I do to prevent this is right click on the Twitch tab and mute it from there. It keeps playing if I do that.

Nice, thank you! Trying to get those free things from OW.

You think this is the same for other HTML5 videos?

No problem. I can't speak for other things because my Youtube plays just fine regardless of if it's muted or not. If I click on a Youtube link and quickly shift to another tab before it fully loads then yea it doesn't play anything until I switch back to it. Otherwise it plays 100% of the time.
Spectre of Dark Aether

User Info: SleepComa

SleepComa
6 months ago#12
Shah138 posted...
SleepComa posted...
Shah138 posted...
SleepComa posted...
So I am testing it, and Twitch automatically pauses if I click away from the tab and the volume is on mute.

This happens to me as well when I mute Twitch via it's player and go to another tab. What I do to prevent this is right click on the Twitch tab and mute it from there. It keeps playing if I do that.

Nice, thank you! Trying to get those free things from OW.

You think this is the same for other HTML5 videos?

No problem. I can't speak for other things because my Youtube plays just fine regardless of if it's muted or not. If I click on a Youtube link and quickly shift to another tab before it fully loads then yea it doesn't play anything until I switch back to it. Otherwise it plays 100% of the time.

Yeah youtube works perfectly but I have to watch some videos for work and those stop playing when I switch tabs.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyway to make Chrome play videos when I click away from the tab?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived