This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what have been the best AGDQ runs so far?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what have been the best AGDQ runs so far?

User Info: Somato

Somato
6 months ago#21
I'm Australian so the Awful games bracket was on prime time for me. It was hilarious. Highlight was Superman 64.

Resident Evil 7 was great . Metal Gear Solid was awesome as well but they give a warning at the start and it's true. They break that game so much so don't watch if you care about that game. I really wanted to see Prey and Dishonoured but they were at horrible times for me. I'll see them later.
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
6 months ago#22
I don't like Mario Sunshine, but the speedrun for it for amazing.

Also, the Superman 64 run was funny.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: CronoDyne

CronoDyne
6 months ago#23
pothocket posted...
The fun was over when it became a 'No-fun-allowed' corporate shill for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

You think I give a s*** about some dumbass kids that break the rules, try lying to staff to their face about it, all while secretly recording the conversation? No, f*** them for creating drama during a charity event and trying to make it about themselves. That's disgusting behavior and I'm surprised the staff member was able to keep his cool like that while dealing with these idiots wasting his time.

Ok, back on topic. Was checking posts this morning and seeing a lot of praise for the awful block last night. Considering how the awful games block usually has a ton of highlight moments every year I'm kinda surprised it's still a late night thing. I'd like to watch them live some time

WAH! So you're one of those, "how dare you have fun at MY event! Go get hit by a bus and DIE while we quietly raise money for cancer!", types, huh? Your rage and hate is pathetic. Go whine about how perpetually offended you are on the speedrun sub.
Check out my full 40 level SMM game in the link below
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/OmegaDyne

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
6 months ago#24
I mean, GDQ has laws to follow. They might be stupid, sure, but they're responsible for making sure the donations get to where they need to go, and to keep the event running in the future.
Can't really blame people for following the rules.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
6 months ago#25
pothocket posted...
The fun was over when it became a 'No-fun-allowed' corporate shill for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

You think I give a s*** about some dumbass kids that break the rules, try lying to staff to their face about it, all while secretly recording the conversation? No, f*** them for creating drama during a charity event and trying to make it about themselves. That's disgusting behavior and I'm surprised the staff member was able to keep his cool like that while dealing with these idiots wasting his time.

Ok, back on topic. Was checking posts this morning and seeing a lot of praise for the awful block last night. Considering how the awful games block usually has a ton of highlight moments every year I'm kinda surprised it's still a late night thing. I'd like to watch them live some time

That's only one example. There are numerous other examples of why the prevent cancer foundation is bad for the run.

From stuff like:

Runners have to be careful what they say on stream lest they may offend the people running it, so no more personalities. Bonesaw was one of them, he did a bunch of Owen Wilson jokes that were actually decently funny and not offensive, and yet they banned him for 2 years after that. Another was Big John who played Mario Lost Levels being banned for a year after holding up a golf game he had been trying to get in and run.

They even stopped Blue Glass from laughing, which anyone who knows anything about GDQ that is usually a small part of it.

The PCF are literally worse than children.

Won't even get into the logistics part of it where the 100 percent of profits doesn't go to preventing cancer. Its only like 20-25 percent that actually goes into what its supposed to.

User Info: Somato

Somato
6 months ago#26
It's not a "non-profit" charity. We knew that............

You own a Che Guevara shirt don't you
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 months ago#27
CronoDyne posted...
WAH! So you're one of those, "how dare you have fun at MY event! Go get hit by a bus and DIE while we quietly raise money for cancer!", types, huh? Your rage and hate is pathetic. Go whine about how perpetually offended you are on the speedrun sub.

Nah I'm one of those people that understands what it's like to have to deal with idiots in the video you posted. Seriously, I can't believe you think AGDQ looks like the bad guy in that situation. Don't try to twist that into me being the fun police or whatever. The only thing I'm offended by is these kids creating drama at a charity event and making it about themselves.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 months ago#28
Ivany2008 posted...
They even stopped Blue Glass from laughing, which anyone who knows anything about GDQ that is usually a small part of it.

Blue Glass doesn't deserve to be on stream because the dude can't control himself. I remember some Canadian runners singing their national anthem during their run and BG thought it was the perfect time to express his views about the American national anthem being racist and about slavery. Dude's an idiot. Imagine doing a run and someone on your couch saying something like that out of nowhere and forever becoming a part of the VoD. Is that anti-fun or is that just common sense regarding how to behave on-air, especially when it's not your run?
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
6 months ago#29
wizardmon posted...
The best AGDQ was 2013 and 2014.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
6 months ago#30
wizardmon posted...
The best AGDQ was 2013 and 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsK-duXi5CM

I like how you post a video of a dips*** who was warned last year about making death threats, broke the rules, lied about doing it, and got banned for doing it; and we're supposed to think a non-partisan charity that doesn't want political affiliations in their sponsored programs is the bad guy here.

This isn't some small-time event anymore where you're allowed to just f*** around and do whatever you want on stream. It's hosted and sponsored by a decent-sized charity in the hopes that the event raises millions of dollars for them. Those small streams exist and you're free to watch them.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what have been the best AGDQ runs so far?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived