This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what have been the best AGDQ runs so far?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what have been the best AGDQ runs so far?

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
3 months ago#11
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I didn't watch much, but the SA2B race was pretty good, and Burnout Paradise had it's moments, less for the run and more for the daughters.

I'm planning on watching that one when the VoD goes up because how the hell does a speedrun of an open world racing game work

I've heard good things about the RE7 and MGS3 runs as well.
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 months ago#12
The fun was over when it became a 'No-fun-allowed' corporate shill for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

You think I give a s*** about some dumbass kids that break the rules, try lying to staff to their face about it, all while secretly recording the conversation? No, f*** them for creating drama during a charity event and trying to make it about themselves. That's disgusting behavior and I'm surprised the staff member was able to keep his cool like that while dealing with these idiots wasting his time.

Ok, back on topic. Was checking posts this morning and seeing a lot of praise for the awful block last night. Considering how the awful games block usually has a ton of highlight moments every year I'm kinda surprised it's still a late night thing. I'd like to watch them live some time
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Duarian

Duarian
3 months ago#13
yohabroha posted...
Couldn’t watch the event after I found out the girl who got proposed to mid-run was getting a complete train run on her the couple of days beforehand and I wasn’t a part of it. Breaks my heart.

Uh.. any source on that? I know of the one wife who cheated on her husband and then they had a twitter fight over t.. but that's about it.

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
3 months ago#14
The best thing this year has been the Be The First To Post A Shrieking Reply To Every GDQ Tweet About Chat Being Subs Only race.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
3 months ago#15
AGDQ, as much as I make it a thing every year to watch, is slowly becoming more about the money year after year. We know money is the root of all evil. If you don't know what I mean, check out Apollo Legend's video entitled: "Why I don't watch/support AGDQ".

It paints a very vivid picture of the current landscape going forward and its not pretty. I'm guess its safe to say that the AGDQ staff are getting paid tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of dollars annually to keep this event afloat and running like the well oiled machine that it is.

Runners like Clint Stevens, RWhiteGoose and many others will tell you the same thing. Its pushing the big runners away and creating a very vapid line-up of games. Just look at Twitch chat-- sub-only mode. If you want to troll, you gotta' pay the troll toll to get in.

That being said, would I still go to an AGDQ event? Of course. I think it would be a fun experience.
#PCMR

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
3 months ago#16
WalkingPlague posted...
Just look at Twitch chat-- sub-only mode. If you want to troll, you gotta' pay the troll toll to get in.

oh no can't post fifteen Kappa emotes in a chat scrolling so quick no one will even notice it, oh no, event ruined
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 months ago#17
hokkendire posted...
This AGDQ is one of the worst in years, the whole schedule is pretty bad IMO. They are not even doing the save the animals/frames this time..

This GDQ, and most of them since 2015, have been terrible.

It's not the same presentation it used to be.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 months ago#18
pothocket posted...
The fun was over when it became a 'No-fun-allowed' corporate shill for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

Ok, back on topic. Was checking posts this morning and seeing a lot of praise for the awful block last night. Considering how the awful games block usually has a ton of highlight moments every year I'm kinda surprised it's still a late night thing. I'd like to watch them live some time

The sad thing about what AGDQ has become is the bad game block now typically has better games and more entertaining games to watch run than the rest of the schedule.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 months ago#19
Hi C posted...
The sad thing about what AGDQ has become is the bad game block now typically has better games and more entertaining games to watch run than the rest of the schedule.

What? Are you so quick to hate on something that you'll stay stupid s*** without thinking?
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
3 months ago#20
Arabian Nights and Envirobear 2000
I am not economically viable.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what have been the best AGDQ runs so far?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived