This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1080Ti for $500

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 1080Ti for $500

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
1 month ago#1
https://pc-tech.soldigo.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-ftw3-gaming-graphics-card_90293

Emailed the guy who runs the site to ask if there was a mistake:

Ricoh Stores <ricohstores@outlook.com>
4:56 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
Yes the price is correct. We are currently running promo sales, that is why price is cheap. You can order the cards direct from our website as we offer free shipping. Let me know once you are ready to order so i will send you our website to order securely via Paypal.

Thank you,

Michael Chaloupka

Scam or no scam? That price is ridiculous
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
1 month ago#2
Well, this PC tech site, which was created with Soldigo, also sells a washing machine and a TV.

You should order 10 GPUs, TC.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

therickmu25
1 month ago#3
Ryzeki posted...
Well, this PC tech site, which was created with Soldigo, also sells a washing machine and a TV.

You should order 10 GPUs, TC.

lol I know, they have no contact page at the bottom either.
Anywhere to report sites like this?

User Info: Meltdown1988

Meltdown1988
1 month ago#4
That is a nice washing machine.
Hi

User Info: Retrowire

Retrowire
1 month ago#5
If you're paying with PayPal you're pretty safe actually.
AdhesiveWombat is the greatest chiptune electro artist ever.
Osiris Sky Dragon 1 month ago#6
Retrowire posted...

This, take a chance and roll the dice. Paypal's got your back. For real though, if you ever buy anything on eBay, pay it through them.
"Welcome to brain damage"

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#7
Make sure you use paypal they have 180 day's for a refund.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

therickmu25
1 month ago#8
mucloud posted...
Make sure you use paypal they have 180 day's for a refund.

So I just reported this site to Google for the strict purpose of doing a background check. If I go to pay through Paypal and it actually takes me to a real PayPal page, I might give it a shot.

Update: It took me to PayPal's site, had me log in and everything - still not sure what to do - They have a friggen washing machine next to a 1080Ti

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 month ago#9
Osiris Sky Dragon posted...
Retrowire posted...

This, take a chance and roll the dice. Paypal's got your back. For real though, if you ever buy anything on eBay, pay it through them.

Agreed. I've been scammed on a sale once and had a bunch of mischarges from Chegg that both went through paypal.

Both times my money was retrieved/refunded with relative ease.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#10
In the USA at least PayPal isn't trying to play the 'moral' police anymore either, which was a major issue I had with the company in the past.

TigerDirect tried to not honor a Black Friday weekend deal a few years ago for me. Their phone support kept me on the line for hours at a time, transferring me to another country where I was thanked for "being interested in the offer" rather than address my support issue, refusing to acknowledge the date on their own advertisement on their web page, and such. I filled out a web form before trying to call.

PayPal was ready to fix the issue for me and MAKE TigerDirect refund me the amount they should have. It was only TigerDirect (weeks later) catching up with their support ticket queue that whoever read the ticket actually honored the sale. PayPal was ready to force it though.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 1080Ti for $500

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived