This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My laptop can run a game well and smooth but makes the fan go crazy. Help?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My laptop can run a game well and smooth but makes the fan go crazy. Help?

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
3 months ago#11
TheFeshPince posted...
Zaeem posted...
Can't remember the name I think it was burnout or ps3 exclusive motorstorm where you had to control boost for the vehicle or else it would explode. Your surface reminds me of that going beyond the limit.

Or like Excitebike.

My ship can survive plunging into suns for a bit in Elite Dangerous. Doesn't make it a good idea.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 months ago#12
GeminiX7 posted...
My ship can survive plunging into suns for a bit in Elite Dangerous.

That happened after my very first jump ever in my starter Sidewinder. Most memorable 10 minutes of the game so far as I quickly tried to figure out why I'd suddenly jumped into a star, why I was taking on so much heat/damage, how I could reduce that heat/damage, then having my canopy blow out and having to make my way back to a station for repairs with 10 minutes of life support left.

I made it, but it was intense.

Since then I've become pretty solid at a smooth jump-scoop-jump pattern without slowing down much at all as I travel.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
3 months ago#13
KillerTruffle posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
My ship can survive plunging into suns for a bit in Elite Dangerous.

That happened after my very first jump ever in my starter Sidewinder. Most memorable 10 minutes of the game so far as I quickly tried to figure out why I'd suddenly jumped into a star, why I was taking on so much heat/damage, how I could reduce that heat/damage, then having my canopy blow out and having to make my way back to a station for repairs with 10 minutes of life support left.

I made it, but it was intense.

Since then I've become pretty solid at a smooth jump-scoop-jump pattern without slowing down much at all as I travel.

Have you played using a HOTAS? It's sublime.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My laptop can run a game well and smooth but makes the fan go crazy. Help?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived