This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 months ago#81
Killah Priest posted...
come on the loser thing was like a highschool level joke lol.

kinda thought we could all get a laugh being older and thinking about how redic it was to be considered a "loser" because you weren't self destructive.

Oh, I wasn't actually bothered by it... just pointing out it doesn't really make you a loser if you don't drink.

Besides, you know I am the anti-joke chicken around here half the time... :P
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
6 months ago#82
KillerTruffle posted...
Those who don't get drunk, it's not a negative, but not a positive either.

Sounds like they aren't drinking enough, then. It doesn't apply to everybody, but there can definitely be a benefit.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 months ago#83
Rosencroitz posted...
Sounds like they aren't drinking enough, then. It doesn't apply to everybody, but there can definitely be a benefit.

A definite benefit to becoming drunk? Yeah, you're full of s*** on that one. Medically, socially, physically mentally/psychologically... no benefit. Excessive drinking has repeatedly been shown to cause (or worsen) depression, it damages your liver and other organs, it impairs clear thought, it makes you unpleasant to be around, it makes you extremely dangerous on the road, you're more likely to have accidents due to loss of coordination...

Even just from a medical perspective alone, acute alcohol poisoning can kill you if you drink too much. But not even just that - too much "social" drinking can really f*** you up. Several months ago, I worked the bloodiest CPR call I have ever run. The patient was unconscious on the floor, no pulse or breathing. We started doing CPR, and immediately we started getting fountains of blood shooting out of her mouth with every compression. There was blood *everywhere* - 5+ foot radius around her on the floor, spattered on the counters, walls, etc.

Turns out she had esophageal varices. That's lesions that form in the throat, which cause loads of extra blood vessels to form, and when one of these rupture, it can fill your lungs so you literally drown in your own blood, in addition to continuously bleeding out and losing more blood volume than your body can handle. This condition is a result of drinking too much alcohol over time. She wasn't a "drunk"... just a social drinker, and she stuck primarily to wine, which is supposedly the "healthy" type of alcohol. She didn't make it.

Maybe you can explain to her husband how she just wasn't drinking enough for it to have benefits for her.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
6 months ago#84
alcohol changes the chemicals of your brain and makes you depressed.

when I quit 15 years ago its because I drank like 10 bottles of hard liquor solo on some depressed s*** and almost died.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
6 months ago#85
KillerTruffle posted...
A definite benefit to becoming drunk? Yeah, you're full of s*** on that one.

No, you're just illiterate.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
6 months ago#86
@Killah Priest posted...
alcohol changes the chemicals of your brain and makes you depressed.

when I quit 15 years ago its because I drank like 10 bottles of hard liquor solo on some depressed s*** and almost died.

word.... 1.5 years dry myself... 28 years old... gotta say my K/D ratio has improved a lot and life is so much better

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
6 months ago#87
Y'all remind me of one of my roommates at my first college. Guy had an ulcer from drinking before he was 18, and while he was at DeVry he cheated on his girlfriend from back home with two other girls. At the same time. They were roommates, also at DeVry. -_-
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
6 months ago#88
sounds like a pretty cool dude.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
6 months ago#89
Trumpkins continue to embarrass themselves; news at 11. My favorite part was when that idiot confused current trend polling with projection polling - always cracks me up!
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
6 months ago#90
Why are mods allowing this? It's literal fake news
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived