This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
4 months ago#51
ok you don't have to mock my social issues =(

Really? I'd say the losers are people who don't know how to relax or enjoy themselves without needing a mind-altering substance. ;)

its for science tho, lsd was highly popular with the educated for its mind altering abilities.

hard liquor can be like allowing yourself to be possessed by a demon, hence its comparisons by the superstitious.

peyote, opium... could go on and on =p
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: loader963

loader963
4 months ago#52
iemerg_ posted...
Elephant Rider posted...
DivineWraith posted...
Well, yeah.. you can't thoroughly screw over the population of a country if you're leaving people out because they decided to live in the county to save money.

Yeah... you don't really save money living in the country. About the only thing I save money on is a water bill... because I don't have one... I have a well... and wells aren't cheap. When something goes wrong with it, you tend to wish you had a water bill instead.

I don't know what country side you live in but where I live its way way cheaper than the city... I also have a well.

It usually is way cheaper living in rural areas. Unfortunately, it’s also usually with a lot less income as well.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: Rob_Van_Dam93

Rob_Van_Dam93
4 months ago#53
KillerTruffle posted...
Rob_Van_Dam93 posted...
Your gonna have a rough 7 years sunshine.

Better hope he can pull his approval ratings out from under the dumpster in the next two if you think he's going to land an additional 4.

I, for one, at this point will vote for basically whoever is most likely to unseat that little orange bastard, no matter how much I hate them, because they can't be worse than Trump. Even Hillary... *cringe* (Pretty sure about 800 fluffy kittens just died because I suggested Hillary might actually be good for something.)

Please, his approval rating was low entering the presidency. All the polls showed Hillary winning by landslides. Guess what none of that mattered.

You are literally basing your vote on your hatred for Trump. To you he's horrible, but I got a $1000 bonus at work thanks to his tax cuts, Economy is doing better and better, North Korea is dropping nuts and finally talking to South Korea, no more fines for not having health insurance. So far ive seen nothing but a positive effect from his presidency. Nothing negative, the world hasnt imploded within 2 months as liberals claimed it would.

Not to mention who could possibly go up against Trump in 2020. The liberals dont have an angel in their back pocket.
PSN:SS5DEJAN

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 months ago#54
Player_10 posted...
Wow, stereotype much? <_<

What stereotype? Are you saying that by presuming that the three female singers of Dixie Chicks are female and thus conflating them with "broads," a term that while less than flattering is often fairly universal with regards to woman it references, I'm buying in to the stereotype that all women are women and that some women can't be men, gender neutral, Apache attack helicopters, non-binary, or furrytransvixenwondertwinpowersactivate?

CookieV3 posted...
arleas posted...
http://www.businessinsider.com/senate-democrats-are-forcing-a-vote-on-net-neutrality-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

Basically, they've got enough votes to force everyone to vote to stop the repeal of net neutrality (and also stop it from ever happening again). It's not entirely dead yet. All you need to do is make sure your local congressman knows that if he votes against it, you'll vote against him next November.

Trump can veto that when the act gets to him, unfortunately. And since Trump is all for the repeal...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-jMGrUFo8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpaJulksCik

Killah Priest posted...
loser alert.

Hey now, plenty of people have legitimate reasons for not drinking alcohol. One of my paternal uncles died from liver cancer, the doctors discovered liver cancer in my father before a stroke killed him, and another paternal uncle was an alcoholic. On top of that I've got my own issues with more mundane addictions such as caffeine, sugar, video games, and the internet.

Combine that with an unhealthy dose of depression and negative personality traits such as anger/rage issues and I'd rather avoid alcohol altogether than run the risk of waking up with a hangover and in a pool of someone else's blood or being in a pool of my own blood and never waking up again. /shrugs
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

Killah Priest
4 months ago#55
Hey now, plenty of people have legitimate reasons for not drinking alcohol. One of my paternal uncles died from liver cancer, the doctors discovered liver cancer in my father before a stroke killed him, and another paternal uncle was an alcoholic. On top of that I've got my own issues with more mundane addictions such as caffeine, sugar, video games, and the internet.

Combine that with an unhealthy dose of depression and negative personality traits such as anger/rage issues and I'd rather avoid alcohol altogether than run the risk of waking up with a hangover and in a pool of someone else's blood or being in a pool of my own blood and never waking up again. /shrugs

weak, that never stopped me.

I'm not being serious, I spend 15 years sober so I get it. Just rolling with the relapse.
The Infamous...

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#56
Rob_Van_Dam93 posted...
You are literally basing your vote on your hatred for Trump.

Not quite - I'm literally basing my vote on the fact I don't want him to destroy this country/planet. Have you completely and utterly failed to notice how reckless he's been with North Korea? He WANTS a nuclear war, and he's doing everything he can to provoke them. I don't really expect they could successfully get a nuke over to the US, but they sure as hell could give South Korea a bad time, and once nukes start flying, well...

Yes, I have less than no respect for that a******, and have less than zero confidence in him as a leader, but it's not because I hate him. It's because he is utterly incapable, and I have not seen one single policy he's promoted either before his election or since that I support. Thankfully, he was just bulls***ting you to get you to vote for him on most of it, and he won't be able to deliver. But things he HAS done are bad enough. Ruining the EPA, Department of Education, and FCC with some of the stupidest, conflict-of-interest-ridden director picks he can. Declared war on science and facts by replacing it with his own fantasy and "alternative facts" bulls*** while calling any fact he doesn't like "fake news." Shoving sticks up North Korea's ass trying to get them to bite. Destroying international relations with nearly everyone but Russia. Thinking trickle down will actually work this time while lining his rich cronies' pockets. Doing everything in his power to screw US citizens out of health care just to spite the person who put the current plan in place (I was not a supporter of Obamacare, but you don't fix it by totally f***ing the country).

THOSE are the reasons I want his ass out of office, and I will sure as hell vote for whoever has the best chance to unseat him. That's what modern US politics has become anyway. You can't vote for the person you want - you're stuck voting against the worst candidate.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: RP_Grump

RP_Grump
4 months ago#57
At this rate, I'll probably just go back to dial-up - it will likely be faster once this happens not to mention cheaper lol. I won't post my average speeds as no one will likely believe me. Let's just say if I want to watch Netflix and someone else wants to play a game online, someone is going to be lagging. Or an even better example, if I try to upload a video to YT, anything higher than a gig will pretty much decimate my net, literally cannot do anything else when uploading. And this is the best bundle you can buy with them too.

I'm at the mercy of having access to just one s***ty ISP living out here (and it's not like I live in a swamp or the boondocks, we are talking right outside of town, in a rural neighborhood of 11 houses) and a NN repeal will be their wet dream basically. They've been giving us shoddy service for years, it's the state's most used ISP in rural areas and they were so bad and intentionally shady in their services the state actually sued them and won and demanded they clean up their act. It just kills me when I hear people complain about their net with Comcast or whatever as they have NOT seen truly bad net until they dealt with this garbage. Even that overpriced HughesNet is probably better than this s*** at this point.

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
4 months ago#58
It's really amazing how politics (or maybe tribalism in general) turns otherwise reasonable, intelligent people into total f***wits.

arleas posted...
I don't drink alcohol either... I mean, I'm not against it, and occasionally I will, but the vast majority of the time it's a waste of money... I got all my drinking out of my system when I was younger and now there's no real point to it.

There's no issue if you try something and don't like it. Not being willing to try something, or trying something and then deciding no one else should be allowed to do it is when problems arise.

There are so many anti-drug folks who have never tried and are not willing to try drugs. I mean, there's probably not much worthwhile to be gained from trying heroine or meth, but if you refuse to have a psychedelic experience (or even smoke weed) you really are missing a key piece of the puzzle. Consciousness might be the most important thing to study and understand in life, and it's frustrating when people aren't even willing to experiment with the dials to get a better understanding of what it means to be. It's no surprise that the most narrow-minded and egotistical a******s I've met are those that have never experimented with drugs.

That's not to say everyone should try drugs, of course. They do have a great capacity to cause harm, so proper respect and caution is due, especially in those with mental issues.

Killah Priest
4 months ago#59
if you refuse to have a psychedelic experience (or even smoke weed) you really are missing a key piece of the puzzle. Consciousness might be the most important thing to study and understand in life, and it's frustrating when people aren't even willing to experiment with the dials to get a better understanding of what it means to be.

I would recommend everyone try lsd or mushrooms at least once after the age of 18, but at the same time I do worry that some might not be able to handle it.

I also worry maybe I didn't handle it as well as I thought and I'm lost because of it.
The Infamous...

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 months ago#60
DaedalusEx posted...
There's no issue if you try something and don't like it. Not being willing to try something, or trying something and then deciding no one else should be allowed to do it is when problems arise.

My issue was with the peer pressure tone. Alcohol isn't some mind bending experience and I don't think people NEED to experience being drunk. It probably wouldn't kill them to try it, but it's not that big of a deal really (until they make it their life).

I'd also say that psychedelic drugs are probably not for everyone. If that's something you're interested in, then sure, pursue it...but there are plenty of respectable people who probably don't even drink caffeine or smoke tobacco, and I don't think any less of them because of it.

In any case, it's everyone's own choice to make in life.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived