This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#31
Marikhen posted...
Someone heard that broadband was coming to rural areas and he thought Dixie Chicks was touring again...

*rimshot*
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#32
JKatarn posted...
Marikhen posted...
Someone heard that broadband was coming to rural areas and he thought Dixie Chicks was touring again...

*rimshot*

*tried to find a kosher pic of a shotglass being held between someone's butt cheeks*

*failed*

:(
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
4 months ago#33
JKatarn posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
And I guarantee if he did that, there would be a bunch of shills defending that move too.

Of course, anything but admit they made the wrong choice.

Sorry you guys deal in emotions and feelings instead of pure facts. Trump is keeping his promises and our country is much better off than at any point in the last 8 years. Brooding over Trump's tweets and his 'meany words' doesn't change the fact the DOW is over 25k, unemployment is at an all-time low, businesses are rewarding their employees FINALLY, and Isis has been decimated.

NN was nothing more than un-needed govt. regulation tied up to a cute name that morons would protest over when they heard it was being taken away. When your Internet bills are a million dollars like you loons think, I'll be protesting in line with you. Until then, MAGA.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: NineteenWash

NineteenWash
4 months ago#34
arleas posted...
The thing about broadband to rural areas just means they changed the definition of broadband so that they could say that existing s***ty lines = broadband.

It had previously been set at 25Mbps down, 3Mbps up by the Obama administration, but now thanks to Trump, everyone can have Broadband because it's set back to 10Mbps/1. I had that kind of speed back in 2006. I don't think that's an improvement.

There's a broadband company out of Blair, Nebraska. Had them for almost four years. Their name is American Broadband. $80/month for 10mbps. That's the highest speed they have. Oh, they also own all of the towers and stuff in Blair, so outside companies like Cox and Century link can't service the town because American Broadband (According to a Cox representative I spoke to about 4 years ago) charge anywhere from 500% to 5000% normal rental rates for towers. There's a lot of other "broadband" companies like that around smaller rural areas too. Par for the course regardless of anything any administration has said or done apparently.
I'm dyslexic, so I will randomly leave out words entirely and not be able to catch a randomly misspelled word even after 100 edits. Thank you for understanding.

User Info: SgtFoley

SgtFoley
4 months ago#35
KillerTruffle posted...
spoon-fed information that is accurate more often than not

CNN accurate? Funniest thing I've read all day. Nevermind the hundreds of stories they've reported and then silently went back and "corrected" days later because it was flat out false.
RAMIREZ! Reload my gun!

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
4 months ago#36
monkmith posted...
dont feel like watching a narcissist talk about how great he is, thanks anyway. enjoy your stuttery netflix.

Internet companies aren't allowed to throttle individual companies per the sherman anti-trust act. This was illegal prior to NN, though the courts didn't want to enforce it. The repeal of net neutrality wasn't just a "repeal", other measures were put into place. One of those measures was to make "throttling" an enforceable violation.

NN had nothing to do with throttling, that was just the cherry on top to sell it to voters. Net neutrality was about granting centralized control of the internet to the federal government. It was like a 300 page document and had like 1 line about throttling, which...again... already and still is illegal.

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#37
therickmu25 posted...
Trump is keeping his promises

So you've been to see that wall he built? And he showed us the check Mexico wrote for it, didn't he?

And replacing Obamacare? I'm sorry, but replacing Obamacare with s*** in a bag doesn't cut it, and he can't even get s*** in a bag to go through. He is literally just throwing everything he can to cancel out everything he can find that Obama did, more to spite Obama than actually help the country, because he doesn't give a s*** that the proposed replacements are *worse* for everyone. I was not a fan of Obamacare, but the way he's handling that crap is a perfect example of chopping off your arm with a sledgehammer because you got a splinter.

"Drain the swamp?" He's done nothing but pollute it with some of the shadiest cabinet members you can imagine. It's nepotism galore under Trump. A major oil industry lobbyist now leads the EPA. An idiot rich woman with zero experience is ruining public education. A Verizon puppet runs the FCC, and surprise surprise, he's pushing policies that benefit companies like his old employer rather than US citizens, against the wishes of 85% of the populace. And even Trump's "drain the swamp" policies like 5-year ban on lobbying for government officials? Only applies to White House officials, and only applies to lobbying the agency they formerly worked for. So Ajit Pai could easily lobby the EPA on behalf of the oil industry immediately after walking out the door of the FCC.

Fewer tax brackets and simpler taxes? Nope... he's stuck at 7 brackets, and it got more complicated. Meanwhile, he's giving tax breaks to his richest buddies, leaving the rest of us out in the rain.

therickmu25 posted...
unemployment is at an all-time low

Unemployment has been on a steady decline since 2010, and that decline has actually lessened its pace since Trump took office. If anything, Trump is slowing the improvement of unemployment rates.

As for international opinion polls, there is one single country whose faith and favorable view of the US has increased from 2016 to 2017. Russia. Actually, I take that back - Israel too, thanks to the recent, highly provocative move of declaring Jerusalem their capital, international political stability be damned. European faith in the US has absolutely plummeted. So have many other countries. I wonder why Russia would be happier with us now though? Hmmm... PEW global averages of 37 countries show that international confidence in Trump dropped from 64% at the end of Obama's presidency to 22% at the start of Trump's. Even worse, opinions of NO confidence shot up from 23% at the end of Obama to 74% at the start of Trump. General positive views of the US as a whole have dropped 15%, and unfavorable views of the US are up 13%. But somehow, all of this is "good for the country."

http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/pg_2017-06-26-us_image-00-1/

How's that for facts?

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#38
SgtFoley posted...
CNN accurate? Funniest thing I've read all day. Nevermind the hundreds of stories they've reported and then silently went back and "corrected" days later because it was flat out false.

Keep in mind, I'm comparing them to how factual/correct Trump's statements are.

ALL news agencies make errors, and that rate only increases as greater focus is placed on being "first" with news and less on fact checking. There's a big difference between news agencies and Drumpf though - and you even pointed it out yourself. News agencies correct themselves as additional facts come out. When has Trump EVER corrected himself? Hell, he can't even do narcissism right. That picture of his "biggest inauguration crowd ever" he printed and hung in the White House? He put the wrong date on it - wasn't even the date he was inaugurated. And he straight out claimed God "stopped the rain" for him during his speech to show his divine approval, despite the fact EVERYONE had their rain coats and umbrellas up. Including his own wife. He lies about everything, from things of critical importance, to irrelevant bulls*** like whether it stopped raining for his inauguration or not. I cringe every time I hear Trump rant about "fake news" - he's by far the largest purveyor of fake news I've ever seen.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#39
Killer using the Pew poll to bash Trump.

LOL

Hey buddy - thats the same poll that said Hillary would win 45 of the 50 states.

LMAO
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality! (continued...) Broadband coming to rural areas!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived