This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is the best selling game history of PC gaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is the best selling game history of PC gaming

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 month ago#91
Burger King's Whopper is still unbeatable.

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
1 month ago#92
USF posted...
That's unfortunate that the standards of gamers have tremendously dropped this gen.

No coincidence RAP/R&B overtook Rock in popularity for the first time ever this year as well. Assembly line songs that are forgotten in weeks and a game that forces you in and out in a few minutes.

This generation is defined by instant gratification and following the trends.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
1 month ago#93
kobalobasileus posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
meme game

Yup. Too many of these s***ty games hitting meme status and making people in the industry think they're popular because they're good.

Am I the only one who thinks the the perpetuation and unwarranted glorification of streamers is a major cause of this? Seems like the 'biggest' most popular games are those that are suited for an audience to watch while someone generates income simply by having a personality and being competent in a game.

Personally, I will be playing Divinity 2 because that is IMO one of the best games to come out in years.

EDIT: e-sports is diluting the quality of games.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
1 month ago#94
Bendetto posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
meme game

Yup. Too many of these s***ty games hitting meme status and making people in the industry think they're popular because they're good.

Am I the only one who thinks the the perpetuation and unwarranted glorification of streamers is a major cause of this? Seems like the 'biggest' most popular games are those that are suited for an audience to watch while someone generates income simply by having a personality and being competent in a game.

Personally, I will be playing Divinity 2 because that is IMO one of the best games to come out in years.

EDIT: e-sports is diluting the quality of games.

Thats a very shallow conclusion. I'd bet game streams is made almost exclusively of kids or young adults, none I've ever known in real life that were actually interested in ESports. Especially younger kids, which seems to be a big mass of watchers, which aren't actually attracted by ESports, only big screamy or emotional streamers who over-act and over react to s***.

They very much enjoy watching dude bros screaming in PUBG and s*** like that, but PUBG has nothing to do with "actual" ESports (even though its f***ing trying to be one, f***ing lol).
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
1 month ago#95
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
vlado_e posted...
yohabroha posted...
MysteryCookie posted...
But CSGO sold 39.5m though? PUBG isnt even close at 27.9m.
http://steamspy.com/app/730

that's why steamspy isn't trustworthy, that's total players including free weekends i believe.

Yeah, the numbers they give are a guess. An educated guess but it's still a guess. I think it tries to look at who owns the game (via public profiles) and try to extrapolate on that with play statistics and such but at the end, it's not accurate. The "owners" figure still has a +/- number with them.

Still, they aren't going to be WILDLY inaccurate. It's still mostly grounded, so I would trust the figure to an extent. In this case, considering both figures come from SteamSpy, they should be relatively comparable, so I'd be willing to believe that CS:GO has at least 30 million owners and PUBG probably has less than 30 million.

With that said, I expect the PUBG numbers to grow fast as the game is popular right now, while CS:GO won't have flocks of people buying it. It's possible that PUBG surpasses CS:GO in terms of owners. Somewhat related - given that PUBG costs more, it definitely made more money from sales than CS:GO did.

On the surface at least.
Valve is making bank with the skin marketplace.

For the millionth time, China players have separate serves for CSGO and Dota (Perfect World is the name) and they're not counted on the steam stats page.
PUBG players from China are.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is the best selling game history of PC gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived