This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia living room displays coming. 4k, 120hz, G-Sync, more

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia living room displays coming. 4k, 120hz, G-Sync, more

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 month ago#1
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/bfgd-big-format-gaming-display

Sounds cool, but my main question is how does this integrate with a receiver? I'm guessing the HDMI is going to have to go straight to the TV to get GSync/120hz unless it's somehow compatible with newer receivers.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#2
1. Hilarious that they just created buzzwords to describe what a television is.

2. Hilarious that they imply this display (as large as 65") would sit on your desk in place of your monitor.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#3
hate how they seems to have generalized all 4ktvs to have more than 30ms input latency. while my 3 year old 4K TV has an input latency below 20ms.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Fony

Fony
1 month ago#4
They're just trying to get the jump on Freesync TV's. Too bad the big boys are not supporting this(Samsung, Sony, LG).
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: loader963

loader963
1 month ago#5
yohabroha posted...

2. Hilarious that they imply this display (as large as 65") would sit on your desk in place of your monitor.

1-True
2- I believe it’s apparent they are going for the living room crowd.

I’m actually excited for this. Of course they could just simply support both g and free sync and it would be so much simpler. Even if g sync is better, it would still be nice to know that whichever screen you get, you would be covered.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#6
loader963 posted...
yohabroha posted...

1-True
2- I believe it’s apparent they are going for the living room crowd.

I’m actually excited for this. Of course they could just simply support both g and free sync and it would be so much simpler. Even if g sync is better, it would still be nice to know that whichever screen you get, you would be covered.

Their words might suggest that but they show the TV sitting on a regular desktop setup in the mock-up picture
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: ShadosAtPhoenix

ShadosAtPhoenix
1 month ago#7
> while my 3 year old 4K TV has an input latency below 20ms

Yeah, my TV has 21ms input latency, which is good, but it only gets there in game mode, which disables all processing and in HDR definitely makes things look worse than they should (the LG C7). Almost all TVs have that kind of issue. To get low latency something, somewhere, cuts corners in ways monitors don't. That's where stuff like gsync shines, allowing the monitor to do SOMETHING meaningful without trashing the input latency.

I'm sure there are some TVs that get that right, but they're so rarely advertised as such...taking those exact TVs and slapping a sticker from a reputable company that says "Does not suck for games even when the picture is not set to "garbage mode" would be useful in itself.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
1 month ago#8
i cant wait to break my neck trying to look to the left and right of this thing

User Info: theswatleader

theswatleader
1 month ago#9
zhenghan posted...
hate how they seems to have generalized all 4ktvs to have more than 30ms input latency. while my 3 year old 4K TV has an input latency below 20ms.

.....20 ms latency isnt much better bud. Considering lots of monitors out there are less than 10

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
1 month ago#10
This'll probably cost 2x as much as an oled tv
just your typical butthurt basement dweller
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia living room displays coming. 4k, 120hz, G-Sync, more

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived