This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My credit card was locked trying to buy via cdkeys

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My credit card was locked trying to buy via cdkeys

User Info: iPr0kkaFTW

iPr0kkaFTW
3 months ago#1
I was trying to buy Rocket League for $7.89 on cdkeys as I enter the info and says the card was approved then cancels the order saying to check my payment info. I meticulously entered the info correctly so I thought something was wrong with the site. I tried entering again but wouldn't go through.

I get a call this morning from my bank's fraudulent risk management department saying there were suspicious transactions. Those transactions were coming from the United Arab Emirates but then I heard the amount which coincides with cdkeys.

Apparently my card isn't fond making foreign transactions. Thing is I was able to purchase Doom not long ago from cdkeys and that went smoothly.

Anyone encountered this before?

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 months ago#2
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
Those transactions were coming from the United Arab Emirates but then I heard the amount which coincides with cdkeys.

so any chance you live in the UAE?

that or VPN xd
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: Rob_Van_Dam93

Rob_Van_Dam93
3 months ago#3
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
I was trying to buy Rocket League for $7.89 on cdkeys as I enter the info and says the card was approved then cancels the order saying to check my payment info. I meticulously entered the info correctly so I thought something was wrong with the site. I tried entering again but wouldn't go through.

I get a call this morning from my bank's fraudulent risk management department saying there were suspicious transactions. Those transactions were coming from the United Arab Emirates but then I heard the amount which coincides with cdkeys.

Apparently my card isn't fond making foreign transactions. Thing is I was able to purchase Doom not long ago from cdkeys and that went smoothly.

Anyone encountered this before?

Not all foreign transactions will trigger a security alert. But they certainly can trigger. You are usually able to contact your card and let them know you will be making a purchase outside the US to ensure theres no issue. But you usually just have to call them and let them know its alright if it happens.

They mostly watch your spending patterns and act on things that are out of the norm.
PSN:SS5DEJAN

iPr0kkaFTW
3 months ago#4
I live in the United States. I had a similar issue too with GOG saying my card was being suspiciously used in Poland. It's mostly my bank making drastic security measurements when it comes to foreign transactions.

I'll try again with cdkeys now.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 months ago#5
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
It's mostly my bank making drastic security measurements when it comes to foreign transactions.

And yet if someone just started taking your money without you realising, you'd wonder why the bank didn't do anything about it.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Connora711

Connora711
3 months ago#6
I've used them before and it worked great. Don't go for the cheapest guy go for the most top rated trusted person.
The walking dead is the best show

User Info: pyromania86

pyromania86
3 months ago#7
cdkeys is great. I never had this issue but what I recommend is linking your card to paypal as a preferred payment method and using paypal for checkout. Adds double security to your transactions and will show as a paypal debit on your card statement.
i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz | CRYORIG H7 | XFX GTR RX-480 8GB | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 | MSI Z270 | SSD x2 | SSHD 2TB | G910/G502
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png

iPr0kkaFTW
3 months ago#8
pyromania86 posted...
cdkeys is great. I never had this issue but what I recommend is linking your card to paypal as a preferred payment method and using paypal for checkout. Adds double security to your transactions and will show as a paypal debit on your card statement.

Thanks this worked beautifully. Funny thing my e-mail was used by the Chinese when I played Guild Wars 2 on PayPal. Using my work e-mail to make the PayPal account. I was able to finally purchase Rocket League from cdkeys.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 months ago#9
They are located in another country I think so it might look like someone else has your card just check or call them to clear it up.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
3 months ago#10
All you have to do is call your bank.

I had the same problem trying to get a money order for my rent last month. I went to my usual grocery store and the large "grocery" purchase apparently looked suspicious.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My credit card was locked trying to buy via cdkeys

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived